Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Wimp:

I get it. The election is coming up, and we all just want Trump to go away with as little destruction as possible. But c'mon. How much more do you need to impeach him? Outside of obvious criminality (still being investigated by the way), he is a disgrace to the presidency and abjectly unfit to command ethically. It might be going through the motions, but it's the right thing to do.
    Trump isn’t nearly as unpopular as people want to think he is. Impeachment proceedings would have very little political upside for the Dems and very big downside. They are safer trying to beat him in an election.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Trump isn’t nearly as unpopular as people want to think he is. Impeachment proceedings would have very little political upside for the Dems and very big downside. They are safer trying to beat him in an election.
      And they will probably do it anyway.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

You are correct, he is not nearly as unpopular as they want to think he is. But the Dems nominated Hillary, so yes they are dumb enough to push for impeachment proceedings. Heaven help us. It will be eighteen months of chaos and then four more years of Trump.

Comment

Agree. Impeachment simply plays into Trump's hands and will let him run like an outsider again. You can almost hear his stump speeches now
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Richard Burr passed on information to Trump’s people. That’s pretty disappointing. Had more respect for him than his house counterparts like Nunes, and gutless Chris Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              He certainly deserves to be impeached, but they'd be wise not to. Hang on to this information and beat him over the head with come election time. That's the smart play. I understand the hunger for symbolic impeachment, but for the good of the country we need any other than Trump to win in 2020, and that includes any of the 75 declared democratic candidates and loony-tunes Gary Johnson. Hell, Misty Snow, the trans natural food store cashier would be an improvement over Tump.
              Last edited by frank ryan; 04-18-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Yes, impeach him! We want Mike "Not my Jesus" Pence to be our president.

"Certainly he conspired with Kremlin!"

Maxine said there would be cake.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's also come out in the report that Trump's deleted emails and other evidence impeding the investigation. Hardly a bunch of picked on and unfairly maligned angels.

I wonder what the Grand Jury information that Barr didn't even bother to see if he could be clearance to release says.
                  Last edited by frank ryan; 04-19-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    It's also come out in the report that Trump's deleted emails and other evidence impeding the investigation. Hardly a bunch of picked on and unfairly maligned angels.

I wonder what the Grand Jury information that Barr didn't even bother to see if he could be clearance to release says.
                    OMG... deleted emails! How many? Like 31,000? Did he use bleach bit on his private email server in the basement of the Drumpf Tower?
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Did the dem party come up with collusion as a scapegoat to Obama’s failure to intervene against Russia’s interference during his presidency?
                      https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/19/opi...www.cnn.com%2F
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                        Did the dem party come up with collusion as a scapegoat to Obama’s failure to intervene against Russia’s interference during his presidency?
                        Russia never did anything so they didn't need a scapegoat, at least that was the origninal line spout by several folks on here.
                        No one, including myself on here has disputed Obama's fecklessness on Russia. But speaking of all that, McConnell refused to make a bipartisan statement about Russian interence.
                        What Trump and his cronies did and tried to do were separate, and no those concerns weren't to spare Obama from criticism.
                        Last edited by frank ryan; 04-19-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

There’s certainly a lot of evidence that they did, although there was also smoke there so I don’t blame them for playing politics on it. It just looks really bad now and might hurt them next year.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Trump's Republican primary challenger calls him a 'one man crime wave' after Mueller report

Former Massachusetts Gov Bill Weld, who is challenging President Donald Trump in the 2020 Republican primary, sounded off after the public release of the final report from the special counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election....

"This man is a one-man crime wave," Weld said in a statement. "He instructed senior legal officials, senior national security, senior intelligence officials to lie, he actively sought out and suborned perjury. That is obstruction of justice and the President is fortunate that in substance Bob Mueller gave him a mulligan"

Weld also echoed Democrats in calling for a public hearing with Mueller to delve deeper into the special counsel's findings.

"The last thing that Mr. Mueller said in the report was to charge the President you would need evidence of corrupt intent. What would be evidence of corrupt intent?" he said. "Well, if the President tried to limit or stop investigation of him or his family to avoid embarrassment or criminal exposure, that would be massive evidence of criminal intent. Well, that's exactly what the 60 previous pages of the report demonstrated."

The Republican National Committee is sticking by Trump, choosing not to remain neutral in the GOP presidential primary.
                            https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...rce=reddit.com

Comment

IMG_1686.jpg
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

But I was told it was all true...

Yes, declassify it all... this may be our only chance to impeach 45!

With the Mueller report complete, is another investigation looming?

With the contents of the Mueller report now public, President Trump and key White House aides are said to be taking a fresh look at declassifying documents that GOP allies believe will expose unlawful actions at the Department of Justice and the FBI purportedly taken against the Trump campaign in 2016.

Attorney General William Barr has already begun investigating the investigators at both the DOJ and FBI.

DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz, probing the same matters, is said to be drafting his final report, due within six weeks or so.

Any declassification by the president is expected to occur around that time and to focus on the surveillance of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in October 2016.
                                [...]
                                https://abc3340.com/news/nation-worl...gation-looming
                                Last edited by Uncle Ted; 12-09-2019, 05:55 PM.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X