Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Pledge! to be a servant to JeffLebowski!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Pledge! to be a servant to JeffLebowski!

Our benevolent leader, JeffLebowski, has either grown tired of my antics or has finally heard the cries of the masses (or both).

He has tasked me with Operation: Smilie. I am compiling a set of smilies/emoticons to add to our existing catalog (yes, I get the heady tasks. Organizing charity drives or group get-togethers is apparently beneath my skill set).

I am posting this to the group because I think it would be fun to have a few school-specific smilies in the catalog. We need a couple of BYU ones, Utah ones, OU, Oregon, Texas, and I will take care of the SC ones.

If you have one or two that you think would be fun to add and that are reflective of your personality, feel free.

Please keep in mind that this is not meant to be a huge task. Please limit the smilies you send. To make it easier, simply reply to this post with the smilies you wish to submit. I will compile them offline and take care of the rest.

As overlord and head mod, JeffLebowski has final say in what stays or goes, so be prudent in what you submit (this warning is mostly for UteStar).

Question for JeffLebowski: although I am not encouraging it, is there any fundamental administrative difference between adding 10 smilies and adding 150 smilies? Or is it simply a matter of click and save?

So post away and I will compile. I am leaving for Dallazz in a little bit, so won't access CUF until later tonight. Let's put a cap on this project. Submit any smilies by tomorrow night. If you submit them later than that, I will deny that I ever knew you and spread rumors behind your back.

PS There is a slight possibility that I misread JeffLebowski's PM, but I have already deleted it. I think he has tasked me with Operation:Smilie. It is also possible that I misread and that he actually asked me to get involved with Operation: Smile, which donates medical services to aid children with cleft/palate needs living in third-world countries. Either way, CUF wins!

EDIT: I have always wanted to say this: JeffLebowski, creekster, and pelagiu$....would you mind stickying this?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Our benevolent leader, JeffLebowski, has either grown tired of my antics or has finally heard the cries of the masses (or both).

He has tasked me with Operation: Smilie. I am compiling a set of smilies/emoticons to add to our existing catalog (yes, I get the heady tasks. Organizing charity drives or group get-togethers is apparently beneath my skill set).

I am posting this to the group because I think it would be fun to have a few school-specific smilies in the catalog. We need a couple of BYU ones, Utah ones, OU, Oregon, Texas, and I will take care of the SC ones.

If you have one or two that you think would be fun to add and that are reflective of your personality, feel free.

Please keep in mind that this is not meant to be a huge task. Please limit the smilies you send. To make it easier, simply reply to this post with the smilies you wish to submit. I will compile them offline and take care of the rest.

As overlord and head mod, JeffLebowski has final say in what stays or goes, so be prudent in what you submit (this warning is mostly for UteStar).

Question for JeffLebowski: although I am not encouraging it, is there any fundamental administrative difference between adding 10 smilies and adding 150 smilies? Or is it simply a matter of click and save?

So post away and I will compile. I am leaving for Dallazz in a little bit, so won't access CUF until later tonight. Let's put a cap on this project. Submit any smilies by tomorrow night. If you submit them later than that, I will deny that I ever knew you and spread rumors behind your back.

PS There is a slight possibility that I misread JeffLebowski's PM, but I have already deleted it. I think he has tasked me with Operation:Smilie. It is also possible that I misread and that he actually asked me to get involved with Operation: Smile, which donates medical services to aid children with cleft/palate needs living in third-world countries. Either way, CUF wins!

EDIT: I have always wanted to say this: JeffLebowski, creekster, and pelagiu$....would you mind stickying this?

Contact Aussie. No one is a bigger fan of the emoticon than her.

Comment

I am not sure if there is a limit. Currently we have 11. I am guessing that the palette of smilies on the right side of the edit window will simply grow to accommodate the smilies installed in our vbulletin system. I don't know that we want 150, but I am here to serve the masses. We can experiment and add/remove as necessary.
      Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 09-03-2009, 10:21 AM.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Here's a good starting point

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actu...do=showsmilies
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

stickied

Comment

You may want to check this out as well...

http://www.websmileys.com/
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
              I like how the :meltdown: one is censored.

Comment

guys, this is exactly what I don't want to do. If you want a smilie added, post it in this thread. I don't want to go to links and find ones that I think the group may enjoy.

happy hunting!
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I did a little research. I can add the smilies one at a time. For each smilie, I need the following (in addition to the file):

Name
                  Text to replace

Example:

Confused
                  : confused: (without the space)
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I want a super angry smiley. One that is even more angry than the one we have. Can you find one like that for me? TIA.

Comment

Does anyone know where DJRoss is? He had a sweet catalog of smileys.

Comment

Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Here is a big set to fish through as you search:

http://www.gtnetwork.de/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies

Comment

guys, this is exactly what I don't want to do. If you want a smilie added, post it in this thread. I don't want to go to links and find ones that I think the group may enjoy.
                            well, now we know how TD spends his entire workday online: he passes all his responsibilities onto the next guy.

Comment

:slap

:moron

: popcorn

:shrug

:happy

:giggle

:rant

:hookem

Comment

Working...
                              X