I'm gonna boycott McDonald's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Hopefully you weren't too rude to the low skilled worker. They don't make enough to deal with big grumps all day.
    I told her how happy I was to be able to deal with a human instead of a machine. Spent some time trying to correct things when she asked what kind of chicken I wanted on the salad - salads substituted for fries don't come with chicken. Showed patience as she tried to track down what I wanted, but couldn't. Finally said "never mind, I'll use the kiosk after all" and tried it that way.

Trying to figure out how to do what I wanted at the kiosk, I was considering going somewhere else before deciding to just skip the salad or fries entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      This is stupid. I always see these studies and roll my eyes. There is fecal matter on pretty much every surface in every public place. Honestly, if we were exposed to a little more fecal matter and a little less antibiotic soap and hand sanitizer, we’d all have healthier immune systems and we’d a lot fewer people with allergies that didn’t exist 30 years ago (and still don’t exist amongst the poorer demographics).
      Totally. Like my mom used to say as a kid when I came home with a skinned knee, "just rub some staphylococcus in there and walk it off!"
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Totally. Like my mom used to say as a kid when I came home with a skinned knee, "just rub some staphylococcus in there and walk it off!"
        OMG, my mom used to say the same thing!
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          I've probably shared this here before, but one day we went to a kiosko in search of eggs for a cake we were making for an impromptu birthday party. I walk in and ask the guy, in Spanish castellano, if he has any eggs. He just looks at me weird, so I repeat the question. He then turns, gets the eggs, and we complete the purchase. After leaving the establishment, my native companion started busting up laughing. He explained that I should not ask if he has eggs, but rather if there are eggs.
          I've probably shared this somewhere here before too - but your story reminded me of it, so here I go again...

Just home from my mission, I started attending a YSA ward along with a bunch of friends.

One night the YSA ward held a talent/gong show. My good friend was the host of the show, introducing each act as it came on. And he wanted to make it fun by introducing each act as a different character himself. So between acts he would change costumes himself and introduce himself using a different name. He came out dressed as a biker, hippy, Indian chief, heavy metal head banger, construction worker - you get the idea. Something different each time and a different name each time.

Well - one of his costumes was a poncho and sombrero he'd picked up in Mexico. So he walks out on stage, and with his best effort to produce a Mexican accent, says "My name is Huevos Grandes".

Well - there were some ladies in the audience who had served Spanish language missions, but I was the only dude who had. And I was rolling on the ground I was laughing so hard. I honestly was struggling to breathe.

Sure, Huevos Grandes translated is simply Big Eggs. But as Pelado implies, eggs is also used as slang for something else. A certain part of male genetalia.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
            I've probably shared this somewhere here before too - but your story reminded me of it, so here I go again...

Just home from my mission, I started attending a YSA ward along with a bunch of friends.

One night the YSA ward held a talent/gong show. My good friend was the host of the show, introducing each act as it came on. And he wanted to make it fun by introducing each act as a different character himself. So between acts he would change costumes himself and introduce himself using a different name. He came out dressed as a biker, hippy, Indian chief, heavy metal head banger, construction worker - you get the idea. Something different each time and a different name each time.

Well - one of his costumes was a poncho and sombrero he'd picked up in Mexico. So he walks out on stage, and with his best effort to produce a Mexican accent, says "My name is Huevos Grandes".

Well - there were some ladies in the audience who had served Spanish language missions, but I was the only dude who had. And I was rolling on the ground I was laughing so hard. I honestly was struggling to breathe.

Sure, Huevos Grandes translated is simply Big Eggs. But as Pelado implies, eggs is also used as slang for something else. A certain part of male genetalia.
            Is your story over? I'm waiting for the funny part.... you set it up and left us hanging.

Maybe he has narcolepsy?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              Is your story over? I'm waiting for the funny part.... you set it up and left us hanging.

Maybe he has narcolepsy?
              Sorry. I'll spell it out for you.

Basically, my buddy got up in front of a bunch of people at an LDS YSA activity and announced "Hello. My name is Big Balls."

With "Balls" referring to testicles.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                Sorry. I'll spell it out for you.

Basically, my buddy got up in front of a bunch of people at an LDS YSA activity and announced "Hello. My name is Big Balls."

With "Balls" referring to testicles.

Hope that helps.
                Dude. Never explain your jokes.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                X