• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    i hope i get hit by a bus before i retire
    real lol. we all had the same thought.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      That might cost an extra 50 cents.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        I ate at Shake Shack in Dallas on Wednesday. No kiosks. It was kind of weird ordering my shake shack burger without a kiosk. I’ve been visiting Dallas more and more lately. Let me know when your shake shack is up and running and I’ll come buy you a burger.
        I assume you went to one down on Pearl St in Uptown. There isn't much room in that one. The new one close to me is taking over an old Fuddruckers location which has plenty of space for kiosks. I think it is scheduled to open some time in the middle of this year.

It would be good to chat over lunch/dinner so we can trade complaints about the mods around here again. It's been a while.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Funk, I hope you have a great weekend.
          Yeah well he'll have to drive to a whole other McDo to play Pokemon so he can hardly be expected to have a good weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Yeah well he'll have to drive to a whole other McDo to play Pokemon so he can hardly be expected to have a good weekend.
            That makes me so mad!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

FYI don't ever touch those kiosks with your bare hands- not without washing them afterwards, anyway.

https://www.newsweek.com/mcdonalds-t...-finds-1234954
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                FYI don't ever touch those kiosks with your bare hands- not without washing them afterwards, anyway.

Truth. I push buttons/kiosks with my knuckle.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post

This is stupid. I always see these studies and roll my eyes. There is fecal matter on pretty much every surface in every public place. Honestly, if we were exposed to a little more fecal matter and a little less antibiotic soap and hand sanitizer, we’d all have healthier immune systems and we’d a lot fewer people with allergies that didn’t exist 30 years ago (and still don’t exist amongst the poorer demographics).
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    This is stupid. I always see these studies and roll my eyes. There is fecal matter on pretty much every surface in every public place. Honestly, if we were exposed to a little more fecal matter and a little less antibiotic soap and hand sanitizer, we’d all have healthier immune systems and we’d a lot fewer people with allergies that didn’t exist 30 years ago (and still don’t exist amongst the poorer demographics).
                    Agreed. A dumb gimmick to get clicks.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Everybody knows you go to the Wendy's in Price.
                      Well, now everybody does!

Comment

McDonald’s has gone straight downhill ever since they discontinued the szechuan sauce.

Comment

I've heard the Herriman McDonalds has good spawns.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            McDonald’s has gone straight downhill ever since they discontinued the szechuan sauce.
                            Yes agreed... that and the McRib. I think the only thing that is saving MickyD's now is that the fact they are serving breakfast all day. Sometimes it is nice to get an Egg McMuffin for lunch. God bless that Herb Peterson.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Yes agreed... that and the McRib. I think the only thing that is saving MickyD's now is that the fact they are serving breakfast all day. Sometimes it is nice to get an Egg McMuffin for lunch. God bless that Herb Peterson.
                              You might have a different view of the McRib sandwich and "restructured meat" if you had worked in a university meat science laboratory during summers while in High School. As a result, I could never eat one and never have. On the flip side, I do enjoy a Quarter Pounder w/Cheese combo on occasion and have not tired of it - Royale w/Cheese per Vincent Vega.
                              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                                I'm not a big customer of fast food places, visiting them less than once a week on average except when I'm traveling. The first time I noticed something I really don't like at a McDonald's was in Carson City, NV when I was forced to order at the new kiosk. They had someone there to help, but I didn't like it. The one think you can count on at McDonald's is consistent food, and I like the $1 soft drinks, but I want to give my order to a human and some of them don't even offer that option anymore unless you use the drive-thru, which I also don't like.

I've lived in Meridian for nine months now and never visited the local McDonald's. Yesterday my wife didn't feel like fixing anything for dinner and I didn't feel like eating any of the leftovers we had, so why not go visit the local McDonald's? They just redid the interior and we thought we would check it out.

When we got there, there was a girl at the cash register, so it looked like we could even order from a human. But I didn't want the standard order, I wanted a Quarter Pounder meal with a salad instead of fries. She couldn't figure out how to do that (been there three whole days) and the more experienced person who should have helped her out wasn't any help either.

Fine! I'll order from the kiosk then! But I couldn't figure out how to substitute a salad either. I've done it at least once before, but this one was a little different. So I gave up and got the burger and a drink and skipped anything else. I didn't really need it anyway.

So I'm giving up on McDonald's as long as they continue to force kiosk ordering on everyone. And if any other chains start doing it I'll boycott them too.

I want to order from a person when I go out to eat, not from some computer screen.
                                Hopefully you weren't too rude to the low skilled worker. They don't make enough to deal with big grumps all day.

Comment

Working...
                                X