I'm gonna boycott McDonald's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna boycott McDonald's

I'm not a big customer of fast food places, visiting them less than once a week on average except when I'm traveling. The first time I noticed something I really don't like at a McDonald's was in Carson City, NV when I was forced to order at the new kiosk. They had someone there to help, but I didn't like it. The one think you can count on at McDonald's is consistent food, and I like the $1 soft drinks, but I want to give my order to a human and some of them don't even offer that option anymore unless you use the drive-thru, which I also don't like.

I've lived in Meridian for nine months now and never visited the local McDonald's. Yesterday my wife didn't feel like fixing anything for dinner and I didn't feel like eating any of the leftovers we had, so why not go visit the local McDonald's? They just redid the interior and we thought we would check it out.

When we got there, there was a girl at the cash register, so it looked like we could even order from a human. But I didn't want the standard order, I wanted a Quarter Pounder meal with a salad instead of fries. She couldn't figure out how to do that (been there three whole days) and the more experienced person who should have helped her out wasn't any help either.

Fine! I'll order from the kiosk then! But I couldn't figure out how to substitute a salad either. I've done it at least once before, but this one was a little different. So I gave up and got the burger and a drink and skipped anything else. I didn't really need it anyway.

So I'm giving up on McDonald's as long as they continue to force kiosk ordering on everyone. And if any other chains start doing it I'll boycott them too.

I want to order from a person when I go out to eat, not from some computer screen.

not me. I am looking forward to going in two hours to get my $1 Dr Pepper

Comment

Current US job openings outnumber current unemployed by over 1 million. Get used to kiosks.
      One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
      SU

Comment

Love McDonalds and the kiosk, especially when traveling with kids out of the country. Food is predictable and easy to order, even if you don’t speak the language. Bathrooms are usually clean.
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

This is a funny post. Order each item separately. Problem solved.

Comment

McDonald's is super gross. I agree that they have clean bathrooms, however.

Comment

I like their fries. I think I'm having me since McD's today!

Comment

Had a Big Mac last night as I was traveling home and needed something quick and consistent. I love Big Macs and it hit the spot.

The Shake Shacks in Houston have kiosk ordering.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  I like their fries. I think I'm having me since McD's today!
                  Their fries are okay. Freddy’s fries are sooo much better, and Freddy’s has fry sauce.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Bold move, Scott R. Nelson! McD's won't know hit them.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I rarely eat at McD’s, and agree that usually their good is consistent. But but we stopped at the one in Price on the way home from Denver last Sunday and the food was terrible, even by McD’s standards. The sandwich I had was overcooked, and the chicken in my wife’s salad smelled and tasted like an dirty ashtray. It turned me off to all McD’s for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                        I rarely eat at McD’s, and agree that usually their good is consistent. But but we stopped at the one in Price on the way home from Denver last Sunday and the food was terrible, even by McD’s standards. The sandwich I had was overcooked, and the chicken in my wife’s salad smelled and tasted like an dirty ashtray. It turned me off to all McD’s for a while.
                        Yeah, one of my life rules is to never stop to do anything, let alone eat, in Carbon county.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                          Everybody knows you go to the Wendy's in Price.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            Yeah, one of my life rules is to never stop to do anything, let alone eat, in Carbon county.
                            Nice to see you have a backbone about something. Weird place to start, but at least it's something.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Their fries are okay. Freddy’s fries are sooo much better, and Freddy’s has fry sauce.
                              I love to go to Freddy's. Their hamburgers are great and it's probably the only place I know of with fry sauce that is actually good. Gotta get the jalapeño version, though. I'm not a fan of their fries - too thin - but they have great onion rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X