2019 March Madness Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
    Thanks! It feels good. Hope BYU can do something like that soon!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    So, is this the first Nat Championship in Men's BBall for UVA? Nothing during the Ralph Sampson era?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      So, is this the first Nat Championship in Men's BBall for UVA? Nothing during the Ralph Sampson era?
      Yes. I believe it is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

great game. deandre hunter showed why many folks think he's a top 5 pick. i'm not convinced, tbh, but he was money in the 2nd half and OT and the comp to kawhi is evident.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          great game. deandre hunter showed why many folks think he's a top 5 pick. i'm not convinced, tbh, but he was money in the 2nd half and OT and the comp to kawhi is evident.
          Great game—enjoyed it more than any recent championship that I can remember. I had to listen to the start of the second half on radio in the car as I had to leave the house to pick up an adult child from the train station. The crowds are always rocking, but the noise of the crowd last night seemed that much more intense.

Got home to continue watching the last 10 minutes on tv. The shot by Hunter to put it into overtime was unbelievably fluid and confident—just amazing.
          Last edited by tooblue; 04-09-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

A lot of people are suddenly out on Jarret Culver. I'm still in, and I'm buying more stock while it's low. I think he's legit.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              A lot of people are suddenly out on Jarret Culver. I'm still in, and I'm buying more stock while it's low. I think he's legit.
              silly to let one game sway you one way or the other. people are out on him based on that game because they haven't watched him. I might argue the same thing happened last year with Donte DiVencenzo after his incredible performance in the championship game.

with Culver, i've been concerned all year about his shooting and he's not a great run jump athlete. those are my concerns and nothing changed after that game. he is, however, really good at basketball. if he can tweak his stroke just a bit and improve his shooting, he can be a special NBA player, imo. he does everything well and he's a good enough athlete - paul pierce type athlete and his game is similar, i think. his ability to become a consistent long range shooter could be the difference between a paul pierceish type player and evan turner.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                His move and left handed layup at the end of the game (I think to tie it or take the lead) was a pure NBA. I'd buy his stock too.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  silly to let one game sway you one way or the other. people are out on him based on that game because they haven't watched him. I might argue the same thing happened last year with Donte DiVencenzo after his incredible performance in the championship game.

with Culver, i've been concerned all year about his shooting and he's not a great run jump athlete. those are my concerns and nothing changed after that game. he is, however, really good at basketball. if he can tweak his stroke just a bit and improve his shooting, he can be a special NBA player, imo. he does everything well and he's a good enough athlete - paul pierce type athlete and his game is similar, i think. his ability to become a consistent long range shooter could be the difference between a paul pierceish type player and evan turner.
                  He reminds me of Chander Hutchinson, the kid out of BSU who was drafted by the Bulls last year, not a great shooter but can get to the rim and make plays.

Comment

I don't get why people shit all over UVA's style of play and call it boring. To be honest, I've never really been a huge basketball fan. I find it boring when teams score on almost every possession. I don't know the game very well, so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but it seems like UVA's approach is a lot more strategic and interesting. I really enjoyed watching them in the latter half of the tournament. They are well-coached and show great skill without having to score a million points.

Comment

Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                      I don't get why people shit all over UVA's style of play and call it boring. To be honest, I've never really been a huge basketball fan. I find it boring when teams score on almost every possession. I don't know the game very well, so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but it seems like UVA's approach is a lot more strategic and interesting. I really enjoyed watching them in the latter half of the tournament. They are well-coached and show great skill without having to score a million points.
                      If you're not a huge basketball fan then it's fair that you don't understand why their style of play is boring. Limiting possessions by milking the shot clock isn't particularly inventive. SMC did it in upsetting Gonzaga so to your point it can be strategic. However, it's also what makes them susceptible to losing to a 16 seed.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X