Violence by White Supremicists on the rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like some trouble was stopped in the planning stages:

Las Vegas White Supremacist Arrested After Threatening to Attack Synagogue, LGBTQ Bar

A Las Vegas security guard who discussed attacks on a synagogue and gay bar has been arrested after authorities found bomb-making materials inside his home, federal prosecutors announced Friday.

Conor Climo, 23, was charged with one count of possession of an unregistered firearm, which federal prosecutors described as “the component parts of a destructive device.”

He allegedly communicated with members of a neo-Nazi group and told law enforcement that he’s considered “various” ways to attack Jewish people over the past two years, including a plan to “mobilize an eight man sniper platoon to conduct a shooting attack on Jewish people either at a Las Vegas synagogue or any other area of opportunity.”

On August 8, authorities searched Climo’s home, finding an AR-15 rifle, bolt action rifle, bomb-making materials, and a journal in his room with a hand-drawn picture of an attack on a Las Vegas bar that he thought was frequented by gay people, prosecutors said.

During the search, Climo allegedly told a law-enforcement officer that he began communicating with members of the neo-Nazi group the Feuerkrieg Division using the encrypted chat platform Discord at the end of 2017.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/las-ve...-lgbtq-bar-doj

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      Looks like some trouble was stopped in the planning stages:

Las Vegas White Supremacist Arrested After Threatening to Attack Synagogue, LGBTQ Bar

https://www.thedailybeast.com/las-ve...-lgbtq-bar-doj
      So was he targeting gays, Jews, or gay Jews?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Spokane police investigating rumors of neo-Nazi ‘hate camp’

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...f-neo-nazi-ha/

Comment

Spokane police investigating rumors of neo-Nazi ‘hate camp’

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...f-neo-nazi-ha/
          Uh, that’s northern Idaho. It’s always been known for neo-Nazis, skinheads, and white nationalism.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Uh, that’s northern Idaho. It’s always been known for neo-Nazis, skinheads, and white nationalism.
            You should read the article. This isn't about the groups that hung around Hayden Lake and Sandpoint. It's about concerns over a possible paramilitary camp get-together run by an organization that publicly esposes terrorism.

The Base is a secretive network of neo-Nazis that emerged online last summer with the explicit goal of plotting and training for terrorist attacks. It is said to share members and ideology with the Atomwaffen Division, another terrorist group that has been linked with killings and has recruited members of the U.S. military.

Vice News, which gained access to one of the group’s online chat rooms, reported in November that The Base maintains “a trove of manuals with instructions on lone wolf terror tactics, gunsmithing, data mining, interrogation tactics, counter-surveillance techniques, bomb making, chemical weapons creation and guerrilla warfare.”
            Here's a long-form Vice article about the group.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...across-america
            Last edited by frank ryan; 08-10-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Two Men Took Down A Gunman Allegedly Attempting A Terrorist Attack At Their Mosque

Men at a Norway mosque overpowered a gunman who fired shots at them in an alleged attempt at terrorism, preventing any loss of life and holding the suspect until police arrived.

Oslo police on Sunday praised the men for their "great courage" in confronting an armed attacker. The shooting took place Saturday inside the al-Noor Islamic Center in the Bærum municipality, just west of the capital.

“There is no doubt that their efforts prevented this from having entirely different consequences," Rune Skjold of the Oslo police said in a statement.

The suspect, described as a 20-year-old white man from the local area, was not identified by police, but investigators said he had shown far-right and anti-immigrant sentiments. The attack was being investigated as terrorism, and authorities were also investigating a message board post whose author claimed to be the suspect and praised the attack at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.
              https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...nman-terrorism

Comment

That group was essentially put out of business by the feds when victims of violence from their members filed civil suits which led to all their property and assets being seized. I think this was in the late 90s or early 2000s when that happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  That group was essentially put out of business by the feds when victims of violence from their members filed civil suits which led to all their property and assets being seized. I think this was in the late 90s or early 2000s when that happened.
                  SPLC sued the Aryan Nations and gained ownership of their compound. They've splinted into a few groups and there aren't many left in Idaho.

Here's some details here:

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h.../aryan-nations

Comment

Yep... old news.

My money is on The Base kicking the Eugene Antifa's butts.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Yep... old news.

My money is on The Base kicking the Eugene Antifa's butts.

I'm sure. Antifa hasn't killed anyone. Fascists have killed plenty, even in this past month and The Base are training to kill people. It's their agenda.

Comment

I'm sure. Antifa hasn't killed anyone. Fascists have killed plenty, even in this past month and The Base are training to kill people. It's their agenda.
                        I’m glad antifa hasn’t killed anyone, but I’m not sure that is the threshold we should set for designating which groups are violent and which aren’t. Antifa is a violent organization and should be monitored and reigned in in several instances.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I’m glad antifa hasn’t killed anyone, but I’m not sure that is the threshold we should set for designating which groups are violent and which aren’t. Antifa is a violent organization and should be monitored and reigned in in several instances.
                          Uh, let's wait until they waste a few old guys driving Lexuses before we talk about reigning them in.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What about the Dayton shooter? Wasn't he a big fan of Antifa which, as you have impatiently pointed out previously, is not really an organization but more of a loose affiliation of violent idiots like-minded thinkers.

I could be wrong about Dayton, but I thought I read that he was an antifa supporter and may have been part of the broader movement.

Edit: And a quick google search reminded me that the guy who shot up the ICE detention center in Washington was lauded as a martyr by the Antifa Seattle twitter account (which is just perfect). So if they haven't killed anyone it might be because they aren't very good at the whole violence thing but it isn't for lack of trying.
                            Last edited by creekster; 08-13-2019, 09:57 AM.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              What about the Dayton shooter? Wasn't he a big fan of Antifa which, as you have impatiently pointed out previously, is not really an organization but more of a loose affiliation of violent idiots like-minded thinkers.

I could be wrong about Dayton, but I thought I read that he was an antifa supporter and may have been part of the broader movement.

Edit: And a quick google search reminded me that the guy who shot up the ICE detention center in Washington was lauded as a martyr by the Antifa Seattle twitter account (which is just perfect). So if they haven't killed anyone it might be because they aren't very good at the whole violence thing but it isn't for lack of trying.
                              I think the Dayton shooter was a Bernie Sanders supporter, wasn't he?
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                                I think the Dayton shooter was a Bernie Sanders supporter, wasn't he?
                                I haven't kept up. There were reports he supported sanders but also that he said on-line he'd vote for warren. I think there was also some thought he supported antifa and, at the least, supported their ideals. But even if he wasn't, antifa is nothing to support. Look, if you have to put a mask to cover your face due to your behavior in public you should probably reconsider your behavior.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X