Violence by White Supremicists on the rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    So Trump was bullied and wimpy Trump was forced to misspeak by the mean media. The removal of the statue served as an excuse. The march was about a lot more than that. Groups had gotten together and discussed planning violence. I have loads of confederate ancestors but have zero desire to worship moments or obsess over the southern perspective of the civil war. A significant amount of confederate monuments were added during desegregation.
    Also quite a few of those statues date back to the world war I period so black soldiers coming home from serving their country in the war wouldn't get any bad ideas about equality after coming home.

Comment

Poor Trump. Always the victim. Actually the media has a good track record of getting things right with Trump. That’s why Trump hates them, because they don’t act like Fox or North Korean state media.

Prager is wrong, and has shown his true colors as a Godzilla size snowflake. Everything from him and others like him operate from an entrenched victimstance. It’s sad you buy his “fine people,” comment. If you think some of the unite the right marchers were fine people you’re morally warped.
      I have no idea who was at the rally. Just going off the evidence presented very persuasively by Prager. You, on the other hand, have presented no evidence. You just say he's wrong and then twist my words into saying that I think the unite the right marchers were fine people. I never said anything close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
        I have no idea who was at the rally. Just going off the evidence presented very persuasively by Prager. You, on the other hand, have presented no evidence. You just say he's wrong and then twist my words into saying that I think the unite the right marchers were fine people. I never said anything close to that.
        Prager doesn’t conforms your bias. He’s a spin doctor for the right wing, not a truth guy. You’re not a victim here and neither is Trump. How do you have no idea who was at the rally? You’re conveniently ignorant. If you want to defend Trump’s position it requires signing on his characterization of the unite the right people.

Comment

Prager doesn’t conforms your bias. He’s a spin doctor for the right wing, not a truth guy. You’re not a victim here and neither is Trump. How do you have no idea who was at the rally? You’re conveniently ignorant. If you want to defend Trump’s position it requires signing on his characterization of the unite the right people.
          Yet again, you provide no evidence, just insults, in your reply.

Comment

So Trump was bullied and wimpy Trump was forced to misspeak by the mean media. The removal of the statue served as an excuse. The march was about a lot more than that. Groups had gotten together and discussed planning violence. I have loads of confederate ancestors but have zero desire to worship moments or obsess over the southern perspective of the civil war. A significant amount of confederate monuments were added during desegregation.
            I think you or someone else posted this graphic previously, but I think it is worth reviewing, as a reminder, that the monuments were put up by and large long after the Civil War and were likely meant to convey more than an admiration for the fighters of the south. Most went up between 1899 and 1920.

https://external-preview.redd.it/okq...=webp&261f79fe
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Yet again, you provide no evidence, just insults, in your reply.
              I’m not going to google articles for you not to read or suggest documentaries not to watch. Of all the things for someone to defend Trump on, this is the dumbest. But keep going, but spare us the bullshit line that you’re not a Trump guy. You’re incapable of abiding any criticism of the very flawed man.

Comment

Isnt it clear who was at the rally? The entire point here is that Trump himself recognized who was at the rally. He specifically mentioned, AT THE TIME, that there were nazis and white supremacists there. But he also specifically identified other people who he said were worried about the removal of the monument but were not Nazis or white supremacists. Trump has been unfairly portrayed as calling the nazis and skinheads 'good people' when he did exactly nothing of the sort. Now if you want to be like Bluek and say that Trump probably didn't mean it and was really just dog whistling, that's fine. Trump has given people plenty of reason to speculate about his biases and prejudices. But why so many people want to not just ignore but make a contrary claim about what he ACTUALLY said is a bit mystifying to me.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I’m not going to google articles for you not to read or suggest documentaries not to watch. Of all the things for someone to defend Trump on, this is the dumbest. But keep going, but spare us the bullshit line that you’re not a Trump guy. You’re incapable of abiding any criticism of the very flawed man.
                  I ignore 99% of your posts, all of which criticize Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    Isnt it clear who was at the rally? The entire point here is that Trump himself recognized who was at the rally. He specifically mentioned, AT THE TIME, that there were nazis and white supremacists there. But he also specifically identified other people who he said were worried about the removal of the monument but were not Nazis or white supremacists. Trump has been unfairly portrayed as calling the nazis and skinheads 'good people' when he did exactly nothing of the sort. Now if you want to be like Bluek and say that Trump probably didn't mean it and was really just dog whistling, that's fine. Trump has given people plenty of reason to speculate about his biases and prejudices. But why so many people want to not just ignore but make a contrary claim about what he ACTUALLY said is a bit mystifying to me.
                    This. Trump is a bumbling buffoon (no offense intended creek). Here, the context of the comment actually clarifies what he the idiot was trying to say and for some reason people completely ignore the contemporaneous clarifying comments he made and want to extend his intent to mean the exact opposite of what he ACTUALLY said.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/16/u...cans-race.html

“Good people can go to Charlottesville,” said Michelle Piercy, a night shift worker at a Wichita, Kan., retirement home, who drove all night with a conservative group that opposed the planned removal of a statue of the Confederate general Robert E. Lee.

After listening to Mr. Trump on Tuesday, she said it was as if he had channeled her and her friends — all gun-loving defenders of free speech, she said, who had no interest in standing with Nazis or white supremacists: “It’s almost like he talked to one of our people.”

Conservatives like Ms. Piercy, who have grown only more emboldened after Charlottesville, believe that the political and media elite hold them and Mr. Trump to a harsh double standard that demands they answer for the sins of a radical, racist fringe. They largely accept Mr. Trump’s contention that these same forces are using Charlottesville as an excuse to undermine his presidency, and by extension, their vote.
                      That last bit is weird to me. "grown only more emboldened after Charlottesville". She clearly doesn't identify as a white supremacist. I suppose someone could argue that she's a racist - and that's why she didn't want the statue torn down. But there isn't a whole lot of information - other than it appears to me that the NY Times is providing Trump with evidence that not all of the people protesting the statue coming down were neo nazi white supremacists.

On the other hand - in another article, this same person indicates that she was really there attempting to play the role of "peacekeeper". So I'm not sure if she was truly "protesting" the removal of the statue, or had other motives. I guess it depends on which reporter you believe is quoting her correctly.

https://mediaequalizer.com/melanie-m...ells-her-story

Michelle Piercy, who travelled to Charlottesville to participate as a neutral peacekeeper for American Warrior Revolution, a group that stands up for individual free speech rights and acts as a buffer between competing voices, knew there was going to be violence, but went anyway.

“We were made aware that the situation could be dangerous, and we were prepared.” Piercy says. The Wichita night-worker for a Kansas retirement home said that “the situation was completely disorganized, the police were responsible for herding white supremacists on the street where Antifa and BLM were located. All chaos broke out. I witnessed police officers say, ‘that’s not our problem’ and ‘you shouldn’t have come’ and refused to help the injured.”

Piercy says that she doesn’t support white supremacy, Naziism, or alt-right causes. Nor does she believe the president has that in his heart.

“My partner is a black man who travelled to Charlottesville for the same reason I did [to protect free speech]. We were in groups and he’s a very good man. What we were trying to do is talk to Antifa and Black Lives Matter and let them know that the way they were protesting is the wrong way to go about it.”
                      Honestly - I don't know much about this American Warrior Revolution group, other than they apparently show up at protests and try to tell people to protest appropriately. Whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/16/u...cans-race.html

That last bit is weird to me. "grown only more emboldened after Charlottesville". She clearly doesn't identify as a white supremacist. I suppose someone could argue that she's a racist - and that's why she didn't want the statue torn down. But there isn't a whole lot of information - other than it appears to me that the NY Times is providing Trump with evidence that not all of the people protesting the statue coming down were neo nazi white supremacists.

On the other hand - in another article, this same person indicates that she was really there attempting to play the role of "peacekeeper". So I'm not sure if she was truly "protesting" the removal of the statue, or had other motives. I guess it depends on which reporter you believe is quoting her correctly.

https://mediaequalizer.com/melanie-m...ells-her-story

Honestly - I don't know much about this American Warrior Revolution group, other than they apparently show up at protests and try to tell people to protest appropriately. Whatever that means.
                        Mediaequalizer seems like a suspect source.

There is nothing positive or neutral about participating in the "Unite the Right," Charlottesville rally.

She lacks self-awareness, at the very least. She did have interest in standing besides fascists and white supremicists, because that's what that event was and that's what she did. That was the motive of those behind the creation of the event, and the sponsoring groups, a show of fascist unity and power.
                        If you show up at events planned by neo-nazis, klansman and other fascists you don't get to claim you're not with them. There's a disconnect.

There are several militia groups (Oathkeepers, Patriot Prayer, other III percent groups) who claim they aren't white supremicists but they have a ton of overlap, and stand with them, and subscribe to the same conspiracy theories.

Frontline does legit journalism. I recommend this episode on Charlottesville. It's an hour long.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/f...arlottesville/

Comment

I just looked up the word ignore. I think you must have made a typo here.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Why would you do that to Frank?!? He is very funny.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Tucker Carlson says it's all a hoax.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/media...ces/index.html
                              Last edited by BlueK; 08-07-2019, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                                Tucker Carlson says it's all a hoax.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/media...ces/index.html
                                Again, it is like context doesn't even matter. I am not going to defend Tucker Carlson, but this whole gotcha sound bite crap is tired and old.

Comment

Working...
                                X