Violence by White Supremicists on the rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    It seems like this is happening more during these shootings. There was that high school kid that rushed the shooter in the class room and got killed in the process, but another kid was able to then take down the shooter.

Btw, the kid in Dayton was a leftist. So we had a far right, racist asshole yesterday and a far left asshole today -- some of the common denominators are they're both young, male, political extremists and they probably have never had girlfriends in their lives. I don't make the last point as a joke. Unless they're totally insane, like the guy who shot up the movie theater, guys that do this are massive losers looking to make a mark because they can't achieve socially, professionally, educationally or intimately. They find some weird cause that some other group of shut-ins adhere to which provides scapegoats and they want to gain recognition with that crowd by killing a bunch of people.

It's not much different from radical islamic terrorists.
    Sometimes radical islamic terrorists can come from elevated levels of Muslim society, and can pressured into action by sub-group. They often operate in cells.

These guys are different. They self-radicalize on sites like 4chan and the daily stormer. They are reactive to Stochastic terrorism.

Right-wing mass shooters are more common, and it's not close, but you're right,they are angry, isolated failures. This guy was a leftist but there doesn't seem to be an ideological motive yet (not like that matters to the dead).

This guy was apparantely known as someone who liked to bully girls. He previously made a hitlist in high school. Motives aside, this feels like mass shootings are also effected by behavioral/emotional contagion patterns.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/connor-betts/
    Last edited by frank ryan; 08-04-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I hope he rots in hell.. One of the dead included his own sister

https://nypost.com/2019/08/04/dayton...age-officials/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Sometimes radical islamic terrorists can come from elevated levels of Muslim society, and can pressured into action by sub-group. They often operate in cells.

These guys are different. They self-radicalize on sites like 4chan and the daily stormer. They are reactive to Stochastic terrorism.

Right-wing mass shooters are more common, and it's not close, but you're right,they are angry, isolated failures. This guy was a leftist but there doesn't seem to be an ideological motive yet (not like that matters to the dead).

This guy was apparantely known as someone who liked to bully girls. He previously made a hitlist in high school. Motives aside, this feels like mass shootings are also effected by behavioral/emotional contagion patterns.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/connor-betts/
        There have been plenty of leftist shooters. It's crass and opportunistic to say that some political figure you don't like is causing the shootings. These things happened when Clinton, Bush and Obama were the presidents. The real problem is the internet has produced forums where these losers find like-minded assholes and they create scapegoats for all of their shortcomings. They lack an adequate amount of real social interaction and normal life goals (education, career, family). The Columbine kids hated jocks. The guy at UCSB hated women (that they didn't find it desirable). The El Paso guy hated Mexicans. The Bernie Bro that shot at the Congressmen/Senators hated Republicans.

Multiple gun purchases within a short period of time need to be curtailed, one gun a year. Maybe allow one rifle/shotgun and one handgun each to be purchased per year. These guys that did these last two shootings don't strike me as the types who would know how to find illegal guns
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

There have been plenty of leftist shooters. It's crass and opportunistic to say that some political figure you don't like is causing the shootings. These things happened when Clinton, Bush and Obama were the presidents. The real problem is the internet has produced forums where these losers find like-minded assholes and they create scapegoats for all of their shortcomings. They lack an adequate amount of real social interaction and normal life goals (education, career, family). The Columbine kids hated jocks. The guy at UCSB hated women (that they didn't find it desirable). The El Paso guy hated Mexicans. The Bernie Bro that shot at the Congressmen/Senators hated Republicans.

Multiple gun purchases within a short period of time need to be curtailed, one gun a year. Maybe allow one rifle/shotgun and one handgun each to be purchased per year. These guys that did these last two shootings don't strike me as the types who would know how to find illegal guns
          I'm aware that it's happened. I'm aware of the attacks you mention. But it's not crass to point out the disparity. Political figures won't be harmed by taking some time to examine their rhetoric. The internet forums are the biggest problems.

These guys have zero need to buy illegal weapons. I like your gun control suggestion.

Comment

I'm aware that it's happened. I'm aware of the attacks you mention. But it's not crass to point out the disparity. Political figures won't be harmed by taking some time to examine their rhetoric. The internet forums are the biggest problems.

These guys have zero need to buy illegal weapons. I like your gun control suggestion.
            Aside from the loss of life itself and some people taking the opportunity to condemn a whole swath of people they disagree with, the thing that pisses me off the most are right-leaning pundits and politicians just ignoring any mention of the smallest increase in gun control as if the massive number of guns has NOTHING to do with the prevalence of these shootings in the US.

These people didn't even want the ban of bump stocks to happen after Last Vegas. IIRC Trump actually pursued the ban himself. Today or yesterday, Trump tweeted about expanding background checks on gun purchases.

The mass majority of firearm homicides are committed with handguns, not rifles. There needs to be a limit on how many handguns can be bought over a 1-2 year period and there needs to be a lifetime limit on how many handguns someone can own that have over a certain number of rounds.

Also, people under 25 should only be allowed to own one handgun and it should probably only be a revolver.
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Aside from the loss of life itself and some people taking the opportunity to condemn a whole swath of people they disagree with, the thing that pisses me off the most are right-leaning pundits and politicians just ignoring any mention of the smallest increase in gun control as if the massive number of guns has NOTHING to do with the prevalence of these shootings in the US.

These people didn't even want the ban of bump stocks to happen after Last Vegas. IIRC Trump actually pursued the ban himself. Today or yesterday, Trump tweeted about expanding background checks on gun purchases.

The mass majority of firearm homicides are committed with handguns, not rifles. There needs to be a limit on how many handguns can be bought over a 1-2 year period and there needs to be a lifetime limit on how many handguns someone can own that have over a certain number of rounds.

Also, people under 25 should only be allowed to own one handgun and it should probably only be a revolver.
              Probably the quickest way to curb these mass shootings is to bring down the websites where these losers are radicalizing. Gun control laws are tough to pass and even tougher to make effective. The easy one I'd be in favor of is banning high capacity magazines. If you force a shooter to reload every 10 shots you won't see casualty numbers like the ones we saw this weekend.

Comment

A ban or a required license for high capacity magazines would greatly reduce the carnage with these events.

A few years ago, I read an excellent article by an Army Ranger talking about how easy a single shooter with a 200 round magazine can pin down up to 5-10 armed men with suppression fire, particularly in close quarters where you can't or flank them.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  A ban or a required license for high capacity magazines would greatly reduce the carnage with these events.

A few years ago, I read an excellent article by an Army Ranger talking about how easy a single shooter with a 200 round magazine can pin down up to 5-10 armed men with suppression fire, particularly in close quarters where you can't or flank them.
                  I've seen 5, 15, 20, and even 30 round magazines all over the place. I have no idea where you would go to find a 200 round magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                    Probably the quickest way to curb these mass shootings is to bring down the websites where these losers are radicalizing. Gun control laws are tough to pass and even tougher to make effective. The easy one I'd be in favor of is banning high capacity magazines. If you force a shooter to reload every 10 shots you won't see casualty numbers like the ones we saw this weekend.
                    Bring down websites based on radical speech? Good luck.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                      I've seen 5, 15, 20, and even 30 round magazines all over the place. I have no idea where you would go to find a 200 round magazine.
                      Here is a link for a 100 round for. 223 ammo. First hit on Google search for high capacity magazines.

https://vitalarms.com/iver-johnson-m...0aAp_XEALw_wcB
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Damn white supremacists...

The Latest: Apparent Twitter feed shows shooter was leftist

The Latest on the aftermath of the Ohio shooting (all times local):

8:35 p.m.

A Twitter account appearing to be from the gunman who killed nine people in Dayton, Ohio, showed tweets labeling himself a "leftist," bemoaning the election of President Donald Trump, supporting Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren and encouraging people to cut fences of immigrant detention centers.
                        [...]
                        https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-tr...143613814.html

Liz Warren supporter... figures.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's clear now that the Dayton shooter was a sick freak and everyone around him knew it. He was kicked out of school because he made a kill list of boys and a rape list of girls. He lost a job when he threatened to kill customers who didn't tip well. I don't know how the law could permanently ban dudes like this from getting a gun. Unless they commit a felony they won't show up on background checks.

There needs to be a way to prevent people like this from buying guns.

Comment

Yes, they all need to tone it down...

3hnursauane31.jpg

Yes I agree... They shouldn't be allowed to buy illegal weapons.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

A writer mentions his own experiences with white supremacists.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/opini...lah/index.html

Comment

Dennis Prager: Trump never said anything about very fine people being among the neo-nazis! What he conveniently ignores is the fact that it was a coalition of neo-nazi and KKK groups that organized the protest. They adopted the slogan "unite the right" to make it sound less sleazy. By the time Trump made the comment, everyone knew there were neo-nazis and KKK there and that one of them had just killed someone by driving a car into a crowd of counter-protesters, after several days of protests. To twist this to make it seem like Trump knew he was talking about just some regular folks politely complaining about taking down a statue, but not anyone from those hate groups, is beyond ludicrous. It really stretches reality to assume a normal, peaceful, non-racist person would have felt comfortable sticking around for long among all the racists who were there yelling their angry racist epithets and slogans.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...mp_140950.html
                                Last edited by BlueK; 08-06-2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X