Violence by White Supremicists on the rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I think the Dayton shooter was a Bernie Sanders supporter, wasn't he?
    No, you're thinking of James Hodgkinson, who shot at the congressmen playing baseball. Because he wasn't successful at killing anyone, the fact he was a Bernie supporter doesn't matter.

While we're on the topic of white supremacy, they're at it again in Philadelphia today. Trump's silver-tongued rhetoric is now causing white supremacists to go after cops.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I think the Dayton shooter was a Bernie Sanders supporter, wasn't he?
      I wonder if any lawyer tried to blame Bernie

36 criminal suspects have used Trump's name in connection with violent acts or threats

President Donald Trump's name was invoked by the alleged perpetrator in at least 36 criminal cases involving violence, violent threats, or assault allegations, according to a recent ABC News report.

The same cannot be said of Trump's most recent predecessors. ABC could not find any criminal cases in federal or state court in which a violent act was committed or threatened in the name of former presidents George W. Bush or Barack Obama.
      https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...l-cases-2019-8

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        I wonder if any lawyer tried to blame Bernie

36 criminal suspects have used Trump's name in connection with violent acts or threats

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...l-cases-2019-8
        I just asked a question. I'm not interested in defending Trump or in your virtue signaling.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I just asked a question. I'm not interested in defending Trump or in your virtue signaling.
          Dial back the condescension. I’m not under cross examination. Virtue signaling is such an overused bullshit term. I don’t think you are interested in real discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Dial back the condescension. I’m not under cross examination. Virtue signaling is such an overused bullshit term. I don’t think you are interested in real discussion.

Good grief. This is ironic. It's not an overused term. It is an oft-used term--and a very useful one--precisely because all the left does is yak yak yak about how virtuous they are and their political enemies are evil, while not failing to address in a realistic way the immigration, environment, whatever. Really tired of you all wearing your religion on your sleeve while there's no real action. The radical members of the House even opposed $4.6 billion in relief for immigrants at the Mexico border so they could have shelter, showers, etc. How do you suppose to nationalize the entire health care industry? With the army? I bet you or Bernie or Sanders can't tell me.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Good grief. This is ironic. It's not an overused term. It is an oft-used term--and a very useful one--precisely because all the left does is yak yak yak about how virtuous they are and their political enemies are evil, while not failing to address in a realistic way the immigration, environment, whatever. Really tired of you all wearing your religion on your sleeve while there's no real action. The radical members of the House even opposed $4.6 billion in relief for immigrants at the Mexico border so they could have shelter, showers, etc. How do you suppose to nationalize the entire health care industry? With the army? I bet you or Bernie or Sanders can't tell me.

Yeah, no thanks. I’m going to pass on having a “discussion,” with you. If you genuinely want to hear about my opinions, and share yours, let me know. This shit isn’t productive. Minds won’t change and neither one of us is going to gain understanding about the other person.

Comment

• White Supremacists Want a Dirty Bomb
                And the Trump administration is letting them get dangerously close to acquiring one.

While the United States has been focused on the trafficking of nuclear and radiological materials abroad, experts at the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) have argued that the threat of dangerous radiological materials being used in America’s own backyard is “just as serious.”
                With a wide variety of civilian uses, including in the medical, industrial, and research fields, radiological materials rated by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) as Category 1 threats—such as cesium-137, cobalt-60, and strontium-90—are left relatively unguarded. These materials could be used to contaminate a major U.S. city with devastating consequences.

That is what makes these devices so attractive to modern terrorist organizations. The Islamic State declared its intent to get its hands on a nuclear device in its propaganda magazine Dabiq. Al Qaeda trained the domestic terrorist José Padilla in Egypt and Afghanistan and then sent him back to the United States to detonate a dirty bomb.

The budding nationalist white supremacist terrorist movement in the United States is no different. Consider the case of the “All-American Nazis.” Four neo-Nazi roommates lived together until one of them converted to Islam and shot two others for disrespecting his religion. The double homicide shed light on an organization called Atomwaffen (German for “nuclear weapons”). Devon Arthurs, the convert to Islam, described Atomwaffen as a terrorist group that had 60-70 members nationwide and planned bombing attacks on synagogues and nuclear plants. Brandon Russell, the roommate who wasn’t home at the time of the argument, had been collecting thorium since the 10th grade. These are not isolated incidents; in 2004 and 2013, the FBI arrested two white supremacists interested in acquiring and detonating a dirty bomb.

Moreover, these are not “lone wolves.” They are part of an extremist network bound by white supremacist ideology, far-right hate, and online indoctrination. And there is no shortage of evidence that they want to acquire their own radioactive weapons.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/08/16...tm_term=Editor

Comment

Yeah that was a blank check that this administration promptly used to just funnel more money into the private prison industry with no obligation to actually improve conditions for the immigrants they are torturing. Turns out the 'radicals' aren't as gullible as you.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• A fascist was asserted in Ohio for threatening to shoot up a Jewish community center. He was at the Nazi march in Charlottesville.

On Friday, the FBI Violent Crimes Task Force raided Reardon’s house and seized a cache of weapons and ammunition, including dozens of round of ammo, multiple semi-automatic weapons, a gas mask and bulletproof armor.

Police initially became aware of Reardon on July 11 when he posted a video on Instagram of a man shooting a semi-automatic rifle with sirens and screams in the background. He tagged the Jewish Community Center of Youngstown in the post.

Reardon is an avowed anti-Semite and white nationalist and attended the deadly "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017, according to WYTV. During the raid on his house on Friday police also discovered anti-Semitic and white nationalist propaganda.
                    https://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-white..._null_card_hed
                    Last edited by frank ryan; 08-18-2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• So is the consensus here that the threat to Americans posed by Antifa and the threat posed to Americans by white supremacists are of equal significance?
                      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                        So is the consensus here that the threat to Americans posed by Antifa and the threat posed to Americans by white supremacists are of equal significance?
                        I don’t think that is the consensus.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

So is the consensus here that the threat to Americans posed by Antifa and the threat posed to Americans by white supremacists are of equal significance?
                          I definitely would not say they are of equal significance.

But I wouldn't say that because one is less significant that it means it should be ignored either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            I definitely would not say they are of equal significance.

But I wouldn't say that because one is less significant that it means it should be ignored either.
                            Why does Antifa keep being brought up in a thread about white supremacy?
                            If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

I don't think so. I am pretty uneducated on both, but imo the white supremacists issue is worse. I think that is a big problem. Antifa are stupid and annoying and they are becoming more of a problem, but not even close to the same level of severity.

Comment

What do you mean threat? What threat are you talking about? The threat of assault against you due to your beliefs? Probably depends on how often you go to Portland. Threat to overthrow or our democracy? Neither is a threat at all. The actual threat of both to the institutions and processes of the country are vastly overstated. There is more a risk to our democracy from possible suppression of speech and idea related to these two movements than there is from the ideas or behaviors of either of these groups, IMO.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X