Thread: NZ mosque hoped to spark civil war in US, saw Trump as a symbol of white identity

Default NZ mosque hoped to spark civil war in US, saw Trump as a symbol of white identity

It sounds like Brenton Tarrant's intended audience for the NZ shootings was primarily the US. The problem of right-wing (and other) extremists getting radicalized on the internet isn't going away anytime soon. In fact, I think it might get worse.

says he also wanted “to create conflict between the two ideologies within the United States on the ownership of firearms in order to further the social, cultural, political and racial divide within the United states.

“This conflict over the 2nd amendment and the attempted removal of firearms rights will ultimately result in a civil war that will eventually balkanize the US along political, cultural and, most importantly, racial lines.”....

He notes he had the “will” and “resources” to use a variety of weapons to commit the heinous act, including an explosives-laden van and a plane — but that he chose guns “for the affect it would have on social discourse, the extra media coverage they would provide and the affect it could have on the politics of United states and thereby the political situation of the world.”

He adds: “The US is torn into many factions by its second amendment, along state, social, cultural and, most importantly, racial lines.

“With enough pressure the left wing within the United states will seek to abolish the second amendment, and the right wing within the US will see this as an attack on their very freedom and liberty.

“This attempted abolishment of rights by the left will result in a dramatic polarization of the people in the United States and eventually a fracturing of the US along cultural and racial lines.”
    on Trump

He also poses the question of whether he supports President Trump.

“As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose? Sure. As a policy maker and leader? Dear god no,” he answers.
    https://nypost.com/2019/03/15/suspec...vil-war-in-us/
    Last edited by frank ryan; 03-16-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Here is an interesting article from the Atlantic. The douche was just a massive troll trying to incite any sort of divide he could

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...-troll/585058/

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Here is an interesting article from the Atlantic. The douche was just a massive troll trying to incite any sort of divide he could

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...-troll/585058/
    That's interesting. He was trolling. He was also still very much the racist and fascist he said he was. There is a massive overlap between 4chan and altright (I hate that term because it sounds soft). The most effective racist website, The Daily Stormer, is very much 4chan on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    That's interesting. He was trolling. He was also still very much the racist and fascist he said he was. There is a massive overlap between 4chan and altright (I hate that term because it sounds soft). The most effective racist website, The Daily Stormer, is very much 4chan on steroids.
    Yes, of course he was a racist fascist, but it's hard to get to the true meat of his miserable motives. Unfortunately his trolling is working and people are getting more divided. It sucks.

Also, i guess 8chan is the new despicable person site?

Yes, of course he was a racist fascist, but it's hard to get to the true meat of his miserable motives. Unfortunately his trolling is working and people are getting more divided. It sucks.

8chan and 4chan have always been despicable. Nothing new.

I think his motives are clear. I think the trolling is a nod to the community that nurtured him and his warped views. I’m sure he’s getting some love in those corners of the internet.

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Somebody needs to change the title of this thread. It says the mosque wanted to incite a civil war in the US, etc. That's not true.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Somebody needs to change the title of this thread. It says the mosque wanted to incite a civil war in the US, etc. That's not true.
    Thank you, I meant Mosque shooter

I am just getting back from spring break... Why are they blaming this all on Chelsea Clinton?

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I am just getting back from spring break... Why are they blaming this all on Chelsea Clinton?

The Christchurch shootings happened because Chelsea Clinton criticized Ilham Omar's anti-Semitism. Isn't it obvious?
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift