BYU Baseball 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Didn't you use to have thicker skin at one point?
    The first 50 times he said something like this, I gave him a pass.

It's just getting really old.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Didn't you use to have thicker skin at one point?
      Thick is not impenetrable. CJ's not questioned for not being able to let something that happened several years ago go? And I'm the one with thin skin?

You've been so over the top nice to me. I'm sorry I snapped at CJ, I guess. I guess you guys don't like people to bark back.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

This is the son of a friend of mine.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=514953

He originally signed with Air Force, switched to BYU (which pleased his dad). I have no idea how good he is, though he was conference player of the year. I can say he was the best player in the youth stake basketball league, if that is helpful.

He's a good kid, and I like to see BYU get good kids.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
          Thick is not impenetrable. CJ's not questioned for not being able to let something that happened several years ago go? And I'm the one with thin skin?

You've been so over the top nice to me. I'm sorry I snapped at CJ, I guess. I guess you guys don't like people to bark back.
          CJ is fine and does not need falafel to have his back. You can tell him GFY all you want. I am 100% sure it just makes him smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            CJ is fine and does not need falafel to have his back. You can tell him GFY all you want. I am 100% sure it just makes him smile.

This.

And maybe try laughing it off next time.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

Nor would he want me to have his back!
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                This.

And maybe try laughing it off next time.
                like I did the first 25 times? At some point it just gets old and annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                  like I did the first 25 times? At some point it just gets old and annoying.
                  Make like T-Swifty and shake it off, SCC!
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Baseball team defeated Cal Poly last night, 6-2, against a very good pitcher, with minimal but timely hitting. It's early in the season and BYU's bats have not awakened.

This team has more pitching than any that I can remember. That doesn't mean BYU hasn't had some better number one pitchers but one through four are quality with some good middle relievers.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      Baseball team defeated Cal Poly last night, 6-2, against a very good pitcher, with minimal but timely hitting. It's early in the season and BYU's bats have not awakened.

This team has more pitching than any that I can remember. That doesn't mean BYU hasn't had some better number one pitchers but one through four are quality with some good middle relievers.
                      Who are the pro prospects on this team?

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        Who are the pro prospects on this team?
                        I'd have to evaluate the pitchers a bit more closely. As far as field players, it's hard to say as nobody is hitting well. I like Mitch MacIntyre for his versatility. Valdez as catcher might have some ability there but then again his hitting needs to improve.

Yesterday BYU split the double header, losing the opening 10-0 but taking the night cap 5-4 in 14 innings with three freshmen pitchers going the last seven innings. Lots of lively arms. The bats aren't popping yet.

On to New Mexico again this week.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                        X