Official AAF thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official AAF thread

The new pro football league started this weekend. I've been watching a few games and it's actually pretty good ball. Interesting rules (no kickoffs, every drive starts at the 25. No extra points, every TD must go for 2) and recognizable coaches.

The CBS games had higher ratings than the Thunder Rockets on ABC. I think this could be ok.

Watching the Salt Lake Stallions right now, a team that includes 10 Utes, 5 Cougars and 2 Aggies.

As I type this, Jordan Leslie just hauled in a TD

Do they have any punting?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Do they have any punting?
      yes.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

It beats watching nothing.

Comment

It seems like the AAF would be a perfect place for Kaepernick to show the NFL that he still has it. Would get a ton of viewers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            It seems like the AAF would be a perfect place for Kaepernick to show the NFL that he still has it. Would get a ton of viewers as well.
            I agree. I also think he would shred that league. Some of the QB play I saw was atrocious.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              I agree. I also think he would shred that league. Some of the QB play I saw was atrocious.
              yeah, i tried to watch a couple games, couldn't even get through an entire quarter - the QB play was just awful.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Welp, so much for this league. I feel that SLC failed miserable in it's first attempt at any sort of pro football team. Worst attendance in the league. It was pretty pathetic. I doubt any other potential upstart league will consider SLC now.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/26423928

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  Welp, so much for this league. I feel that SLC failed miserable in it's first attempt at any sort of pro football team. Worst attendance in the league. It was pretty pathetic. I doubt any other potential upstart league will consider SLC now.

The weather and schedule may have had something to do with it. SLC is the farthest north of all the league teams, so playing in the winter/early spring didn't help their cause.

Comment

So no tax payer subsidized stadium building in our future? Cool.

Comment

Maybe SLC was just the smartest of the cities. They could see that this league was doomed from the start and didn't waste much money on it.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

RSL is doing just fine

Comment

Working...
                        X