Superbowl LIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
    I suggest you get out more. Or just try this thinking exercise, since you're so good at it: 1) Look up the phrase "Target Market", 2) Identify Bud Light's target market, and 3) identify how many rats' assess they give about corn syrup and CO2.

Bonus points for this exercise: How many jobs in these "empty" states, or others, depend on the corn market?

Being the empowered, take no prisoners, intellectual that you are, I trust you will come up with another, better, strawman. Yes, I believe in you that much. Now go forth - and don't forget to bill your time.
    I was out at a firm happy hour last Friday. You know what I saw? An entire pub filled with city dwellers in the bluest city in a blue state drinking Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller Lite. Sure, there were a few "connoisseurs" drinking IPAs or craft beers and micorbrews, but for the most part, these suburban folks were concerned with ingesting as much beer as possible while trying to minimize their calories and financial outlay. Here's what they were not concerned with: the well-being of Big Corn, farmers, or anyone employed through a derivative of those industries. But of the 20 people at my table, 3 of them drive hybrid cars, two drive electric cars, and probably about 70% of them have solar panels on their houses. So while I'm sure farmers and country-folk love to drink cheap beer, I think Budweiser probably understands that if gaining market share in a city means losing market share in BFE, that's ultimately an improvement on the bottom line.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I don't give a crap about beer drinkers or the dumb corn lobby so I don't care to debate this.

I will say, it is funny that a beer company would consider the health effects of corn syrup. The main problem with corn syrup is that it causes fatty liver disease. Guess what else causes fatty liver disease? Alcohol. Fatty liver disease = insulin resistance = obesity.

It isn't a "health issue" with this stupid fight. They are trying to pretend that their beer is brewed with better ingredients, not that it is more healthy. Rice and corn syrup are both adjuncts and both make shitty beer.

Beer isn't and never will be health food. Of course, I'll knock a few years off my life expectancy to live a life with beer in it.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Comment

I thought the corn syrup commercial was funny.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            Wrong and wrong. He's a great football player, who is very awkward and unlikeable when he speaks (mostly because he sounds like he has an IQ of about 65). He could be on a Bruschi track, but Bruschi played 13 years for the Pats. Forrest Van Noy has a long ways to go to reach Bruschi levels.
            Exactly what are we arguing about? I didn't say he was at Bruschi level. I said he's on his way, with 3 years on the team.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

What was up with Andy Warhol eating the most disgusting looking burger Burger King could offer up. Doubt people are running to Burger King today.

Comment

I didn't know corn syrup was used in beer

The commercial was funny. I'm not a business guy, but I saw a smart ad trying to expand their market with the craft beer-type people. Which is funny, because last year their strategy was to make fun of them.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  What was up with Andy Warhol eating the most disgusting looking burger Burger King could offer up. Doubt people are running to Burger King today.
                  That was strange. The other couple we were with didn't even know who Andy Warhol was. Not very effective advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    Agreed, Andy is more of a Campbell’s soup kind of guy.
                    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

The commercial was funny. I'm not a business guy, but I saw a smart ad trying to expand their market with the craft beer-type people. Which is funny, because last year their strategy was to make fun of them.
                      “to be clear, bud light is not brewed with corn syrup”
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                        That was strange. The other couple we were with didn't even know who Andy Warhol was. Not very effective advertising.

how could you not know who andy warhol is
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          how could you not know who andy warhol is
                          All I know is that he sucks a big one.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

It would have to be a pretty stupid craft beer-type person for that strategy to work considering the Bud Light label indicates it is brewed with rice.

You don't have to follow German purity laws to make good beer, but certainly there is no excuse for rice being in it. If you are going to make a pale lager: water, yeast, barley, and hops.
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              That's not funny, Andy Warhol was a very successful artist.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                I wonder how many people actually watched that movie?

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X