Superbowl LIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commando View Post
    I disagree that KVN is unlikable. No, he won't be stealing Steve Young's broadcasting gigs anytime soon, but he's always got a smile on his face and is pretty much a Pats legend, having been acquired out of the trash can and promptly winning the Superbowl 2 of the 3 years he's been there- with an admittedly dominant showing in this one.
    He’s just a system LB
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I enjoyed the game. I've come full circle on the Pats. KVN joining the team has helped, but you gotta respect excellence. Belichick and Brady get it done, and not necessarily because they have overwhelming talent. In fact, most people I heard said that the Rams were much more talented. The coin toss was a striking example. The Rams sent out big, muscled captains. The Pats had shorter, softer looking players; guys you'd see at the hardware store. I was thinking "Dang, the Rams are going to kill these guys."

Ha. Edelman was an appropriatet MVP.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        I enjoyed the game. I've come full circle on the Pats. KVN joining the team has helped, but you gotta respect excellence. Belichick and Brady get it done, and not necessarily because they have overwhelming talent. In fact, most people I heard said that the Rams were much more talented. The coin toss was a striking example. The Rams sent out big, muscled captains. The Pats had shorter, softer looking players; guys you'd see at the hardware store. I was thinking "Dang, the Rams are going to kill these guys."

Ha. Edelman was an appropriatet MVP.
        I welcome you with open arms, brother.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          So the farmer share no blame or responsibility for this because it was the politicians who did it in order to secure the farmers' vote?

Sorry, but that is a very weak argument.
          First, you're right. Second, I'm not going to play the 'all or none' logic game you enjoy using to corner people (effectively, btw). Third, I'm not arguing that farmers share no blame or responsibility. Sure, they share blame, just like you and I share blame for accepting research dollars that should never be granted, people who lobby to raise teacher's wages when their kids' education is already subsidized, or seniors who vote based on benefits that they didn't pay for and the country can't afford.

"advocating beneficial regulation". Ha. Clever play on words. How about "quintessential porkbarrel politics". You know - the stuff we mock the democrats for doing.

We all would be better off had there never been a subsidy.
          Again, I agree. While not in the same zipcode as the Big Dig and Bridge to Nowhere, it was a waste. At least it was an attempt to solve what, at the time, seemed like a very pressing problem. Except nobody bothered to do the math. But farmers are a small part of the ethanol lobby. This was about jobs and votes in Iowa and Ohio, where farmers are still a small voting block.

By "beneficial" I meant for that industry. Don't misunderstand me to be saying that this, or any, regulation in the last 20 years has been a net benefit.

Please don't try to use the race card here. I was referring to handouts. I interact with lots of farmers, thank you very much, and I know this is something they rant about.

I love people from the midwest too. That doesn't mean I can't gripe about a stupid government handout that should never have happened.
          I'm not using the race card. You said illegals, so I misunderstood you to be saying farmers are anti-immigration. Some are, but I think the vast majority are not. I apologize if I misread you. As to the midwestern farmers, I wasn't saying you don't like them - I was only defending them in general and saying that I don't think they should be hated just because of ethanol (more directed to Moliere's comment.)

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          [COLOR=#800080]{blah, blah, blah}...Also, nobody is here to debate the actual value of corn syrup vs. cane sugar, ....that's apparently a gamble Budweiser is willing to take.
          Uh, yeah, that's exactly what Bud is implying. They obviously agree with you and took the gamble.

Getting back to a question JL asked, I think they spent a hell of pile of money researching and planning for this. I also think they made the wrong decision. We can argue numbers all day long, but since you seem bent on being ridiculous about it (Wyoming, a net corn user, and least populated state vs Cali? Really?) I'll just agree to disagree.

Also, please keep taking pot shots at my profession, because your vitriol is amusing, if banal. But it's nothing every lawyer hasn't already heard a million times before.
          They weren't at your profession, they were at you. How can you be as bright as you are, and still not understand when someone directing an insult at you?

I made a light-hearted remark giving my opinion on Bud Light's campaign, and you chose to be a condescending prick. You made the rules, I just played the game.
          sigpic
          "Outlined against a blue, gray
          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
            They weren't at your profession, they were at you. How can you be as bright as you are, and still not understand when someone directing an insult at you?

I made a light-hearted remark giving my opinion on Bud Light's campaign, and you chose to be a condescending prick. You made the rules, I just played the game.

A self-awareness lesson from cowboy. That's rich. Is this the part where you teach me to cope with feeling picked on by running to one of the 25 other threads I've created about myself to fish for sympathy or compliments?
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

gulp
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

A self-awareness lesson from cowboy. That's rich. Is this the part where you teach me to cope with feeling picked on by running to one of the 25 other threads I've created about myself to fish for sympathy or compliments?
                  Lol. This is your reaction when you finally figure out someone is making fun of you? Wow, I was wrong. All this time I thought you just ignored it like everyone ignores your gratuitous shots at them, but you just didn't get it. Huh. You better go back and read some threads, because you have a lot of ranting to do.

I usually ignore things I'm not interested in. Maybe you could stop looking for ways to make fun of people and try it some time.
                  sigpic
                  "Outlined against a blue, gray
                  October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                  Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    Wrong and wrong. He's a great football player, who is very awkward and unlikeable when he speaks (mostly because he sounds like he has an IQ of about 65). He could be on a Bruschi track, but Bruschi played 13 years for the Pats. Forrest Van Noy has a long ways to go to reach Bruschi levels.
                    How can you not like this?

- SeattleUte

Comment

Time for group hug. And is it OK if I continue to occasionally post fishing for compliments and sympathy?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        Time for group hug. And is it OK if I continue to occasionally post fishing for compliments and sympathy?
                        Absolutely. I got your back, Jay.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

That was one heck of a defensive struggle.

The Super Bowl, I mean.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            jay santos is the best poster on this brigham young chat board and it’s not even close
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              jay santos is the best poster on this brigham young chat board and it’s not even close
                              Only after everyone ran off Mark Grace.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                Only after everyone ran off Mark Grace.
                                Man, I was listening to his music suggestions as fast as I could, but I guess it just wasn't enough.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X