Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbowl LIII

Default Superbowl LIII

So, it's two minutes until halftime, and there's no game thread. About the only thing I have to say is that I can't help but feel gadget plays starring Taysom Hill would have put some points on the board now. Also, that was a beauty of a read by KVN.

Belichik gets it about 4th and short except for the part where you run the ball.

Tom Brady struggling in the first half. I suspect they'll be able to make some half-time adjustments, so the Rams better figure something out.

Adam Levine isn’t that bad of a guitar player.

Oh, and this game is terrible.

Levine also has some impressive guns.

Oh yeah, Brady looks like he’s 41 in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Adam Levine isn’t that bad of a guitar player.

Oh, and this game is terrible.

guitar part looked prerecorded to me
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Punt-fest.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Most exciting moment thus far: being able to witness the longest punt in SB history.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    guitar part looked prerecorded to me
    Pretty lame if true. I’ll have to go back and check the DVR, courtesy of YouTube tv.

If the Pats hang on and pull out a win, Edelman is MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    Punt-fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Most exciting moment thus far: being able to witness the longest punt in SB history.
    Johnny Hekker for MVP!

All he needs is a completed pass off a fake and it could happen.

23 yards. Longest drive for the Rams today. Good heavens.

Come on LA!

Barf. The Patriots are so freaking hateable.

I watched pbr at halftime and during commercials. Could care less about halftime show. Good bull riding.

Rams deserved to lose because of those super ugly hats they were wearing in the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Rams deserved to lose because of those super ugly hats they were wearing in the sideline.
    That and they were cursed to lose because of the PI no-call in the Saints vs. the Refs game.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

KVN had a good game. Happy a BYU guy won.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    This.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

https://twitter.com/VanquishTheFoe/s...819556352?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Yeah, pretty happy for him. Despite several years of program struggles, BYU football has been well represented in the playoffs.

Also, Budweiser's marketing execs are nearly as tone deaf as Nike's. Corn syrup and wind power are not even on the list of things their target market is concerned with, and knocking corn anything doesn't sit well with the flyover states where they compete with Keystone and Coors for market share.

"Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Yeah, pretty happy for him. Despite several years of program struggles, BYU football has been well represented in the playoffs.

Also, Budweiser's marketing execs are nearly as tone deaf as Nike's. Corn syrup and wind power are not even on the list of things their target market is concerned with, and knocking corn anything doesn't sit well with the flyover states where they compete with Keystone and Coors for market share.
    I am all for anything that mocks corn syrup and the corn lobby. What a disaster that has been.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

KVN had a monster game. In the plays where he didn't sack Goff or get a tackle, he was right behind the guy who did. In Patriots fandom, there's a select few defensive players who are remembered alongside the offensive stars. KVN is a likable guy who has had a very solid three years in New England. He's on his way to a Bruschi-like level.

Yeah, when will all those tone-deaf marketing execs at Budweiser finally understand what it takes to make sure the dozens of farmers in empty states keep buying their beer? How are they ever going to turn a profit if they only target the hundreds of millions of city-dwelling folks?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Yeah, when will all those tone-deaf marketing execs at Budweiser finally understand what it takes to make sure the dozens of farmers in empty states keep buying their beer? How are they ever going to turn a profit if they only target the hundreds of millions of city-dwelling folks?
    I suggest you get out more. Or just try this thinking exercise, since you're so good at it: 1) Look up the phrase "Target Market", 2) Identify Bud Light's target market, and 3) identify how many rats' assess they give about corn syrup and CO2.

Bonus points for this exercise: How many jobs in these "empty" states, or others, depend on the corn market?

Being the empowered, take no prisoners, intellectual that you are, I trust you will come up with another, better, strawman. Yes, I believe in you that much. Now go forth - and don't forget to bill your time.

Grantland Rice, 1924

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    KVN had a monster game. In the plays where he didn't sack Goff or get a tackle, he was right behind the guy who did. In Patriots fandom, there's a select few defensive players who are remembered alongside the offensive stars. KVN is a likable guy who has had a very solid three years in New England. He's on his way to a Bruschi-like level.
    Wrong and wrong. He's a great football player, who is very awkward and unlikeable when he speaks (mostly because he sounds like he has an IQ of about 65). He could be on a Bruschi track, but Bruschi played 13 years for the Pats. Forrest Van Noy has a long ways to go to reach Bruschi levels.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I am all for anything that mocks corn syrup and the corn lobby. What a disaster that has been.
    I hate it (the corn lobby) because it messes with free market principles and ended up hurting the farmers it was intended to help. Still, nobody who is considering which low-end light beer to buy is going to care if it's made with corn syrup. What a stupid angle.

Grantland Rice, 1924

I suggest you get out more. Or just try this thinking exercise, since you're so good at it: 1) Look up the phrase "Target Market", 2) Identify Bud Light's target market, and 3) identify how many rats' assess they give about corn syrup and CO2.

Bonus points for this exercise: How many jobs in these "empty" states, or others, depend on the corn market?

Being the empowered, take no prisoners, intellectual that you are, I trust you will come up with another, better, strawman. Yes, I believe in you that much. Now go forth - and don't forget to bill your time.
    Serious question here: Do you really think these folks don't carefully analyze this kind of stuff before they invest millions in these ad campaigns?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Serious question here: Do you really think these folks don't carefully analyze this kind of stuff before they invest millions in these ad campaigns?
    Sure they do. Very carefully. Like New Coke, for example.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

If you use rice in your beer, you have no place to criticize someone else for using corn syrup. No way in hell corn syrup should be in beer, but neither should rice.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

I hate it (the corn lobby) because it messes with free market principles and ended up hurting the farmers it was intended to help. Still, nobody who is considering which low-end light beer to buy is going to care if it's made with corn syrup. What a stupid angle.
    Exactly, this isn't some craft beer that is mocking the big beer swill, it is big beer swill that makes its terrible beer with rice as the adjunct. Why in the hell would anyone drinking that light beer swill care if it is corn syrup or rice. You clearly don't give a damn about good beer anyway if you are drinking that shit.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

I don't give a crap about beer drinkers or the dumb corn lobby so I don't care to debate this.

I will say, it is funny that a beer company would consider the health effects of corn syrup. The main problem with corn syrup is that it causes fatty liver disease. Guess what else causes fatty liver disease? Alcohol. Fatty liver disease = insulin resistance = obesity.