Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
    Cool.
    Nah, I was joking. If I succumbed to peer pressure that easily I'd be baptized by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      Nah, I was joking. If I succumbed to peer pressure that easily I'd be baptized by now.
      Well, in case that answer was something only intellectuals would understand, I wasn't going to admit I didn't.

Comment

bwaHAHAHAHA.

you think you've got it bad. Imagine me trying to explain to the dean of BYU law (who had noted curiously that I'm not a member) who talked me into applying to the school.
        Actually, come to think of it, talking with the dean wasn't near as weird as trying to explain to my parents how it is that I'm meeting a dozen BYU fans in Dallas.

Comment

I've just about run out of lies to make my wife think that she wouldn't like CUF. I'm really just doing it to protect Babs. Mrs. wuapinmon has a bull<redacted> filter like few have ever seen coupled with any icy emasculating wit, and she'd make Babs look like an amateur of a fairly refined art form.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            I'm really just doing it to protect Babs. Mrs. wuapinmon has a bull<redacted> filter like few have ever seen coupled with any icy emasculating wit, and she'd make Babs look like an amateur of a fairly refined art form.
            You deceive yourself. You keep her away not to protect me, but to protect you. You simply don't want your wife to see you alternately either flirting with the ladies of CUF, or being unceremoniously castrated by them.

Comment

You deceive yourself. You keep her away to protect wuapinmon. You simply don't want your wife to see you alternately either flirting with the ladies of CUF, or being unceremoniously castrated by them.
              pharmakos. And I'm sure she's lurking; she knows me.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Lebowski walked passed the Cougareat today (a task which requires about 15 seconds) at the same time my family was getting some ice cream at the creamery counter. Trippy.
                Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 08-06-2018, 11:06 PM.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  Lebowski walked passed the Cougareat today (a task which requires about 15 seconds) at the same time my family was getting some ice cream at the creamery counter. Trippy.
                  This was an hour or two after I had lunch with MBN and YO. Crazy day!
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Wow... really crazy. My family and I are in Utah enjoying the smoky air. No one told me there was CS party on campus!

Sent from my iPhone (and not some dumb android device)!
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      That was super fun, but still a little sad we couldn't figure out someone to ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Wow... really crazy. My family and I are in Utah enjoying the smoky air. No one told me there was CS party on campus!

Maybe you should have pulled your nose out of Trumps butt and given JL a phone call.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Maybe you should have pulled your nose out of Trumps butt and given JL a phone call.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Reminds me of the time I was in Utah and JL was “too busy” to have lunch with me.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Reminds me of the time I was in Utah and JL was “too busy” to have lunch with me.
                              It sounds like he just didn't want to have to interact with you in person but was too polite to directly decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                I think JL has a thing against us Texans... maybe he is just jealous of our awesome suntans.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X