The COSTCO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretzel slider rolls.

It sounds ridiculous but they taste abfab. Great for small cold cut sandwiches, dipping in soup, or just eating plain. They are very dense but not overly doughy. Delish.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Brown rice crackers. We love those things.

We recently tried the new Thai green curry sold in tubs in the deli section. We added some eggplant, green peppers, and bamboo shoots and heated it up in a sauce pan. Then we cooked some of the Costco panko-crusted chicken and sliced it and served the curry over jasmine rice and the sliced chicken. Outstanding.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Pretzel slider rolls.

It sounds ridiculous but they taste abfab. Great for small cold cut sandwiches, dipping in soup, or just eating plain. They are very dense but not overly doughy. Delish.
        I tried those a few days ago. Very delicious and universal. Wendys has started a revolution with pretzel buns.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
        *Banned*

Comment

• I have always loved Nature Valley granola bars. You know the crispy ones you get two of in a green wrapper? Now they just sell their granola in a bag with dark chocolate bits. Awesome.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            I tried those a few days ago. Very delicious and universal. Wendys has started a revolution with pretzel buns.

Costco had those long before Wendy's put them on the menu.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

To be fair to the title sponsor of this thread, Costco had the pretzel buns before Wendy's started it.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• The pretzel buns are more like a bagel than a bun. We like 'em and get them often. Very versatile.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Had the pretzel rolls earlier this summer at a party. Made great ham sandwiches with a little mustard. I've been waiting for an excuse to buy them.

Also - I love Wendy's pretzel bacon cheeseburger. I saw an ad a while back and the idea sounded so good I had to try it. Skip the melted cheese sauce and it is a terrific burger.
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• I hate the square milk containers. They spill every damn time you pour out of them until they're half full. Even using the rock and tilt technique they say to, you still get a drip down the container that has to be wiped up. And forget about kids pouring their own glass with these jugs. I told Gidget to pay the extra $.10 and buy a normal milk container from the grocery store but she keeps buying milk from Costco.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• This may require a supporting photo. Our Costco milk comes in a box containing 2 individual jugs of normal shaped milk cartons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                        This may require a supporting photo. Our Costco milk comes in a box containing 2 individual jugs of normal shaped milk cartons.
                        Same here. I have no idea what Surfah is talking about.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Our Costco has milk like Surfah's. And I agree it is a bad design, especially for younger kids.

Comment

• weird. we have normal milk containers. Those look like hazmat containers.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• I remember when the Costco we shopped at in WA switched to the square milk container. Like Surfer, I hated them. The Boise Costco has normal-shaped milk containers. One of the reasons why we moved here.
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                                I remember when the Costco we shopped at in WA switched to the square milk container. Like Surfer, I hated them. The Boise Costco has normal-shaped milk containers. One of the reasons why we moved here.
                                That's interesting. Do you just sleep on the floor model beds when they turn the lights out?
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X