Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Our costco doesn't sell telescopes.
    Costco's great, but really--you shouldn't be buying a telescope at Costco. The amateur astronomer in me just had to say...
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      Costco's great, but really--you shouldn't be buying a telescope at Costco. The amateur astronomer in me just had to say...
      I live in a densely populated area. Telescopes are great for looking in bedroom windows.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

don't knock those small laptops. Was it one of those $400 deals? I am really into those and want to get one. I am still trying to decide which one I want to get. I see no need to ever buy another big laptop again since I only use them for internet, email, and word/excel.
        I have a good friend with one and he likes it.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I live in a densely populated area. Telescopes are great for looking in bedroom windows.
          Ahhh...well, the amateur voyeur in me says "two thumbs up on costco telescopes!".
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

My Costco carried Corona in a can.

Comment

I know. I was just looking for an excuse to yell at you.

Our costco doesn't sell telescopes.
              Wait until you are riding <redacted> on Cassandra. You'll be yelling then. I will give you the helmet, though.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                Wait until you are riding <redacted> on Cassandra. You'll be yelling then. I will give you the helmet, though.
                TMI
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Eye candy:

“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                    If you had some sort of sidecar, I would actually be completely willing to entertain this idea.

It could be our version of Easy Rider. Except at the end we don't have to be horribly maimed by passing rednecks. Also, we would stop in Houston because we both have to go back to work on Monday.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

don't knock those small laptops. Was it one of those $400 deals? I am really into those and want to get one. I am still trying to decide which one I want to get. I see no need to ever buy another big laptop again since I only use them for internet, email, and word/excel.
                      I haven't seen the netbooks that Costco is selling, but Dell has some decent deals right now.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/mini_...ls&s=dhs&cs=19

I just upgraded my Qwest internet to a higher speed, and they're selling me the $299 Dell model for $199. It should be a fun little gadget to have around.

Comment

Inspired by this very thread (and one other), I told Mrs. PAC we were going to Costco for FHE. We just returned, having bought a few things, but we passed on the telescopes despite the strong temptation to stick it to DDD. On the way home, we stopped by Trader Joe's and picked up some steel-cut oats. I'll be whipping up a batch in a few minutes that will take me through the end of the week. One of our finest FHE's in several months, and I owe it all to CUF.

Comment

Also, I don't know why, but every time I go to Costco I feel the overwhelming need to purchase one of those large ice chests with wheels. I don't know when I will ever use it, but I feel like I should own one.
                          We're hosting a tailgate at the SDSU game for 76 people. Sounds like a good excuse to me to get one of these!
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I loved Modern Family this week and the gay couple shopping in Costco. It cracked me up.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              I loved Modern Family this week and the gay couple shopping in Costco. It cracked me up.
                              That was hilarious.
                              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                Those gay guys are hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X