The COSTCO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    The Co sells Tiger rice cookers, which are Zojirushi knockoffs that I assume are pretty decent quality Didnt know they are now selling the real thing. 89 bones is a freaking good deal if it is a neuro fuzzy. In fact, it is cheaper to buy 2 of them to have 11 cups white capacity than it would be to buy a large zojirushi for $350.

5.5 cups white is usually a little over half of that for brown. A nice cooker for a small family that eats rice every so often.
    A couple of years ago we bought an "AROMA" brand rice cooker. It seems to do okay, but I keep hearing that the Zojirushi is top shelf, A Number One.

Has anyone used both the AROMA and Zoji?

Is it worth it to ditch the AROMA for the Zoji?

Comment

• Looks like the Funks will be getting a Zojirushi.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• We bought a Zojirushi last year and continue to fawn over how good the rice is every time we use it.
        Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

• I paid $15 for a rice cooker 14 years ago, just replaced it with a larger one for $15. They both work great, I don't need DDD's fancy pants rice cookers!
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

The Co sells Tiger rice cookers, which are Zojirushi knockoffs that I assume are pretty decent quality Didnt know they are now selling the real thing. 89 bones is a freaking good deal if it is a neuro fuzzy. In fact, it is cheaper to buy 2 of them to have 11 cups white capacity than it would be to buy a large zojirushi for $350.

5.5 cups white is usually a little over half of that for brown. A nice cooker for a small family that eats rice every so often.
            Hard to say which model it would be. They have a zillion models. If you do a search on "Zojirushi rice cooker" on Amazon you get 171 hits.

The creme de la creme is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NP-H...5154156&sr=1-3

No way they are selling that one for $89.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
              I paid $15 for a rice cooker 14 years ago, just replaced it with a larger one for $15. They both work great, I don't need DDD's fancy pants rice cookers!
              We used a cheap Sanyo for at least 15 years before we upgraded to a Zojirushi. Our eyes were opened. I kick myself when I think of all of the crappy/mediocre rice we consumed when it could have been so much better.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                We used a cheap Sanyo for at least 15 years before we upgraded to a Zojirushi. Our eyes were opened. I kick myself when I think of all of the crappy/mediocre rice we consumed when it could have been so much better.
                What makes it so great? Not arguing. Ours might really suck. I really don't know.

Our Aroma supposedly uses fuzzy logic and we've been satisfied. However, neither of us have spent time in Asia and so our expectations of rice might be slightly low. This one we have is automatic. Put in the rice, add water, etc and push the right button.

Comment

• Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                  What makes it so great? Not arguing. Ours might really suck. I really don't know.

Our Aroma supposedly uses fuzzy logic and we've been satisfied. However, neither of us have spent time in Asia and so our expectations of rice might be slightly low. This one we have is automatic. Put in the rice, add water, etc and push the right button.
                  It's a mystery. Some kind of Japanese magic.

But there is rice out there so exquisite that if you had an inkling of what you are missing you would be crushed and debilitated under an intolerable weight of despair and regret.

Comment

It's a mystery. Some kind of Japanese magic.

But there is rice out there so exquisite that if you had an inkling of what you are missing you would be crushed and debilitated under an intolerable weight of despair and regret.
                    LOL, I love it JL.

But it ain't brown rice.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Hard to say which model it would be. They have a zillion models. If you do a search on "Zojirushi rice cooker" on Amazon you get 171 hits.

The creme de la creme is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NP-H...5154156&sr=1-3

No way they are selling that one for $89.
                      You can upgrade to the 10 cup model....for $9 more.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NP-HBC18-Uncooked-Induction-Stainless/dp/B000MAIW1C/ref=zg_bs_297805_15"]Amazon.com: Zojirushi NP-HBC18 10-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker and Warmer with Induction Heating System, Stainless Steel: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Z8GOwjRYL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Z8GOwjRYL[/ame]

I can't find a single micom zojirushi that sells for $89. Costco website doesn't show any zojirushi for sale. I'm going to call them tomorrow from work and see what they are selling. Could be worth the drive.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• By the way, I think the best zojirushi now are the pressurized ones. The Induction heating ones are now last years model. Rice is too high maintenance

sigpic

Comment

• My wife loves her Fager, and she uses it all the time in the pressure cooker setting.
                          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

You can upgrade to the 10 cup model....for $9 more.
                            That's what I did. But we rarely cook more than 5.5 C. As in maybe one time in several years. I kind of wish we had gone with the smaller model.

Comment

• Aroma brand sucks. We got one when we were married. It's a simple rice cooker. There is no comparison. It takes longer to cook and it doesn't keep rice very long.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

That's what I did. But we rarely cook more than 5.5 C. As in maybe one time in several years. I kind of wish we had gone with the smaller model.
                                Which model do you have?

Pressurized + Induction Heating + Micom
                                IH + Micom
                                Micom
                                Conventional

The one you linked is IH +Micom. Does anyone have one of the new pressurized models? How much more technology can go into cooking a grain of rice?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X