The COSTCO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
    I have had it with my Delta/American express card.

I also am planning on joining Costco. They have a Costco/American express card and I am thinking of switching to that. Maybe I will just drop the American Express card and save the fee.

Obama scares me enough that I am going to find ways to cut back on my spending.

Any suggestions on which route I should take.
    I'm pretty sure the CostCo AmEx card has no annual fee.

Comment

Seriously you guys can go F yourselves. F'en lawyers always think they know more than anyone else.
      I'm using this for my new sig quote, unless you object.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

• Well, this thread is gold. Maybe you could use it as cache.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
          I'm using this for my new sig quote, unless you object.
          No objection. I would prefer I not be shown as the author though. I am working on not making generalities. If someone didn't know the context, they would think I had done so.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            I wasn't mocking, I was being serious. Don't lump me in with Donut and Triplet, we all know those guys are wild cards.

In a hypothetical situation if an Obama reelection is going to be devastating to the American economy would one be wise to be holding American currency? Or hypothetically in American markets? Regardless of ones hypothetical net worth or what percentage of their hypothetical net worth is held in cash.
            Sorry. In my haste to make a nasty response, you wrongfully got caught in the friendly fire. Again, my apologies.

What I was saying is not that I have a fear the currency will become bad, but that I and some others are not as willing to invest as freely as in the past. I would say it is roughly about 20%-30% of total net worth. I think it denotes a lot of caution and I lay that directly at the feet of the administration. Others are welcome to have a differing opinion of how to spend their money and invest their assets.

Comment

No objection. I would prefer I not be shown as the author though. I am working on not making generalities. If someone didn't know the context, they would think I had done so.
              OK, it's fixed
              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

• Falafel, is this your mom? She is returning a $90 vacuum, she purchased in 2008!

Comment

• Is that Lucille Bluth?
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                    Is that Lucille Bluth?
                    You can't blame her for returning the old vac then, times are rough for the Bluth's right now.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• nice pic, stalker. I bet that woman was thrilled to have a stranger get so close and snap a photo.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        nice pic, stalker. I bet that woman was thrilled to have a stranger get so close and snap a photo.
                        I do what needs to be done. And unlike the antiquated BB you rock, an iPhone has zoom capabilities.

Comment

• Ok maybe I am a little bit of a stalker. DDD's post reminded me of this pic I took a couple weeks ago. Yes that is a water bottle and yes the lady is filling it with Mtn Dew.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            Ok maybe I am a little bit of a stalker. DDD's post reminded me of this pic I took a couple weeks ago. Yes that is a water bottle and yes the lady is filling it with Mtn Dew.

[IMG][/IMG]
                            Seeing that picture helps me appreciate the wisdom of the green-tinted Dew bottle.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              Falafel, is this your mom? She is returning a $90 vacuum, she purchased in 2008!

I saw someone bring back a porch swing that appeared as if it had been outside for the past decade. I also saw someone bringing back a garden hose had been used for around the same amount of time.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• I can't post in this thread anymore. I'm moving to a Costco-less area, and let my membership expire. I went slumming at Sam's Club this week and it was depressing.
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Working...
                                X