No announcement yet.

The COSTCO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have ethical issues with someone drinking $17K in one bottle.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Just put the paper and plastic in those sorted recycle bins people love so much in the PNW. No more guilt!
      We are finding out that China doesn't seem to want all of our plastic recycling. You can no longer recycle any plastic except milk jugs at the county transfer station and I'm thinking it'll be the end of plastic going in the recycling bin for residential recycling at the start of next year.
      http://registerguard.com/rg/news/loc...ions.html.csp#

Couple this with "Strawless in Seattle" and it is not a good time to joke about recycle bins in the PNW.
      http://www.seattlemag.com/eat-and-dr...eeping-seattle
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

I have ethical issues with someone drinking $17K in one bottle.
        Agreed. That's why i'm only giving my boss a $6k bottle.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          [ATTACH]8316[/ATTACH]

No drink can taste that good.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

No drink can taste that good.
            Probably true, but you can take some pride in the fact that there will be a moment when you're taking the most expensive piss in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Probably true, but you can take some pride in the fact that there will be a moment when you're taking the most expensive piss in the world.
              trump probably has it beat
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I have ethical issues with someone drinking $17K in one bottle.
                What if they divide it up into glasses?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  17K is nowhere near the most expensive piss in the world. For example, here is a 50 year old whiskey that is $139,999.00. This also isn't close to the most expensive either. There are some that are north of a million dollars
                  https://dekanta.com/store/yamazaki-5...gaAuFbEALw_wcB
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• literal mpfunk is literal.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Mrs. falafel caught red-handed?

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/37234504/...or-full-refund
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Looks like a pretty crappy tree (in addition to being dead!). Poor woman had to suffer through Christmas with that eyesore in her house. I hope they waived her $45 annual fee as well.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I like how the Cosco in Seattle tells you can that can buy your sugary beverages minus the City of Seattle Sweetened Beverage Tax at its non-Seattle locations...

VGPs0U50_9FzyOUzmd_FM_4AeVXzK1VFN-YCcFXKalk-2.jpg

Of course drinks from Starbucks (including those yummy orange mocha frappechinos) are exempt...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Not only did she get a refund, but they're going to dispose it too.

Here's an idea for Costco. Decline to renew memberships for people who make returns that "shock the conscience." While I've never seen a woman with the balls to bring back a Christmas tree after Christmas, I have seen mattresses that appear to be around a decade old and a porch swing that appeared to have weathered every summer since 1995.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              Not only did she get a refund, but they're going to dispose it too.

Here's an idea for Costco. Decline to renew memberships for people who make returns that "shock the conscience." While I've never seen a woman with the balls to bring back a Christmas tree after Christmas, I have seen mattresses that appear to be around a decade old and a porch swing that appeared to have weathered every summer since 1995.
                              I sometimes refer to the Costco return line as the line of shame.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I sometimes refer to the Costco return line as the line of shame.
                                Only sometimes? How do you decide when to call it that and when not to?

Comment

Working...
                                X