Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1081

Thread: The COSTCO Thread

I have ethical issues with someone drinking $17K in one bottle.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Just put the paper and plastic in those sorted recycle bins people love so much in the PNW. No more guilt!
    We are finding out that China doesn't seem to want all of our plastic recycling. You can no longer recycle any plastic except milk jugs at the county transfer station and I'm thinking it'll be the end of plastic going in the recycling bin for residential recycling at the start of next year.
    http://registerguard.com/rg/news/loc...ions.html.csp#

Couple this with "Strawless in Seattle" and it is not a good time to joke about recycle bins in the PNW.
    http://www.seattlemag.com/eat-and-dr...eeping-seattle
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Agreed. That's why i'm only giving my boss a $6k bottle.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post

No drink can taste that good.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post

No drink can taste that good.
    Probably true, but you can take some pride in the fact that there will be a moment when you're taking the most expensive piss in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Probably true, but you can take some pride in the fact that there will be a moment when you're taking the most expensive piss in the world.
    trump probably has it beat
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

What if they divide it up into glasses?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

17K is nowhere near the most expensive piss in the world. For example, here is a 50 year old whiskey that is $139,999.00. This also isn't close to the most expensive either. There are some that are north of a million dollars
    https://dekanta.com/store/yamazaki-5...gaAuFbEALw_wcB
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

literal mpfunk is literal.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Looks like a pretty crappy tree (in addition to being dead!). Poor woman had to suffer through Christmas with that eyesore in her house. I hope they waived her $45 annual fee as well.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I like how the Cosco in Seattle tells you can that can buy your sugary beverages minus the City of Seattle Sweetened Beverage Tax at its non-Seattle locations...

VGPs0U50_9FzyOUzmd_FM_4AeVXzK1VFN-YCcFXKalk-2.jpg

Of course drinks from Starbucks (including those yummy orange mocha frappechinos) are exempt...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Not only did she get a refund, but they're going to dispose it too.

Here's an idea for Costco. Decline to renew memberships for people who make returns that "shock the conscience." While I've never seen a woman with the balls to bring back a Christmas tree after Christmas, I have seen mattresses that appear to be around a decade old and a porch swing that appeared to have weathered every summer since 1995.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Not only did she get a refund, but they're going to dispose it too.

Here's an idea for Costco. Decline to renew memberships for people who make returns that "shock the conscience." While I've never seen a woman with the balls to bring back a Christmas tree after Christmas, I have seen mattresses that appear to be around a decade old and a porch swing that appeared to have weathered every summer since 1995.
    I sometimes refer to the Costco return line as the line of shame.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

I sometimes refer to the Costco return line as the line of shame.
    Only sometimes? How do you decide when to call it that and when not to?

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Only sometimes? How do you decide when to call it that and when not to?
    Pretty simple really. I look at who is in line and what they are returning.

Pretty simple really. I look at who is in line and what they are returning.
    If he is in the line or if they are returning something he owns, no shame. Otherwise, line Of shame
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I would indeed be ungrateful if I did not bear my testimony about the convenience and tastiness of "Quick 'n' Eat" pre-cooked Angus beef hamburger patties. Toss one in the microwave for 75 seconds or so, during which you toast a bun and slather on the condiments, and voila! A very good burger, esp. considering the ease and speed of preparation.

My wife and I have a new nickname for Costco: the Kirkland Temple.

I would indeed be ungrateful if I did not bear my testimony about the convenience and tastiness of "Quick 'n' Eat" pre-cooked Angus beef hamburger patties. Toss one in the microwave for 75 seconds or so, during which you toast a bun and slather on the condiments, and voila! A very good burger, esp. considering the ease and speed of preparation.
    Agreed. We used these on a scout camp out last summer. I was very skeptical about them, but ended up thinking they were just as good as the frozen uncooked burgers.

Here's another quick and easy Costco meaty meal.

Pre-cooked bacon - microwave for 20 seconds. Fry (cook) some corn tortillas. Melt some cheese. Put the cheese in the tortilla, put in a piece or two of bacon. Add mayonnaise and lettuce, and you have a delicious pseudo BLT Taco.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

What's the wattage of your microwave? Cooking time could vary and would like to be able to adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post

Pre-cooked bacon - microwave for 20 seconds. Fry (cook) some corn tortillas. Melt some cheese. Put the cheese in the tortilla, put in a piece or two of bacon. Add mayonnaise and lettuce, and you have a delicious pseudo BLT Taco.
    Mayonnaise on a taco. I hope to never encounter this concept again the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post

Lol. That sounds disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    What's the wattage of your microwave? Cooking time could vary and would like to be able to adjust accordingly.
    I don't know the wattage, but I'm happy to report the patties don't require much precision to be cooked to tasty perfection. Assuming they're frozen, I'd do them 30-40 seconds a side, and maybe add 20 seconds more if your oven's underperforming. Not even I have screwed this up.

Do people really eat microwave hamburgers? Wow.

i'd prefer something fresh off the grill, but if time is short the "Quick n' Eat" patties are a worthy substitute. BTW, I gave a couple of them to my law partner who zapped them for himself and his son, a Culinary Institute of America grad and a local chef. He pronounced them, "Pretty good!" So there's that.

Didn't you read PAC's post? He does. Probably not a good idea to insult the most beloved poster in the history of BYU message boards. Very bad for the CS brand.

i'd prefer something fresh off the grill, but if time is short the "Quick n' Eat" patties are a worthy substitute. BTW, I gave a couple of them to my law partner who zapped them for himself and his son, a Culinary Institute of America grad and a local chef. He pronounced them, "Pretty good!" So there's that.
    lol. Costco have you working on commission or something?

Uh... OK.

I am guessing you guys were probably out of microwave corndogs.