Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 1,081 to 1,102 of 1102

Thread: The COSTCO Thread

Whoa. Just got an e-mail informing me that the Kirkland Temple (R) now does same day delivery of groceries to our neighborhood. Game changer.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Fuck you Costco. Seriously, fuck you.

I apologize for the language, but they deserve this right now.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Fuck you Costco. Seriously, fuck you.

I apologize for the language, but they deserve this right now.
    i know i’m pretty sad that they’re getting rid of polish dogs too
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    i know i’m pretty sad that they’re getting rid of polish dogs too
    I remember when Costco just had a cart with polish dogs and a vending machine outside the entrance. I would go with my dad to Costco as a kid so that I could get the $1.50 polish dog and drink. The food court exists because of the polish dog. They should just blow the whole fucking food court up if they aren't going to sell the polish dog anymore.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

Also, meatless Al Pastor Salad. What the fuck Costco, what the ever loving fuck. Another reason why the food court needs to die a slow and painful death. It is an abomination.
    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 07-10-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    --SeattleUte

I love you, funk.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I love you, funk.
    Is this the Millennials fault?
    Is the fault of the SJW?

I'll join the crusade against whomever is at fault. I'd join forces with DHO to fight against this crime against humanity.

Also, thank you for indulging the language Dude. I hope that these f-words do not go towards my unknown lifetime allotment.
    --SeattleUte

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

I always get regular hot dogs (and a drink) rather than polish dogs when I have lunch there, so this change doesn't really affect me.

My daughter and her husband are big Costco fans. They've been bugging us for years to get a membership. Finally, last Christmas they gave us a membership as a gift. I don't normally buy enough stuff there to justify a membership, but recently I purchased ten 5-Shelf Storage Racks to hold all of my wife's "treasures" in the back of my garage, and probably saved about $15 each over the local hardware stores. That right there was worth more than the membership. But I doubt that I'll renew the membership for another year. They just don't have much that I want and the sizes of most things are way too large for two people.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    I always get regular hot dogs (and a drink) rather than polish dogs when I have lunch there, so this change doesn't really affect me.

My daughter and her husband are big Costco fans. They've been bugging us for years to get a membership. Finally, last Christmas they gave us a membership as a gift. I don't normally buy enough stuff there to justify a membership, but recently I purchased ten 5-Shelf Storage Racks to hold all of my wife's "treasures" in the back of my garage, and probably saved about $15 each over the local hardware stores. That right there was worth more than the membership. But I doubt that I'll renew the membership for another year. They just don't have much that I want and the sizes of most things are way too large for two people.
    Vacuum sealer ftw.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post

Eww. But why though?

Also, I echo the remarks of funk. Thanks for dropping the F bombs for me buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Eww. But why though?

Also, I echo the remarks of funk. Thanks for dropping the F bombs for me buddy!
    Amen.

I was in a Costco last week and they said something about not having polish dogs anymore. After I left, I thought maybe they meant they didn't have any more that day. I mean, how could they discontinue polish dogs? Plus, they advertised the new acai berry thing supplanting the chocolate yogurt for a week or two. Surely they would have concurrently warned of the upcoming abolition of the polish dog?

But then, a few days later in a different Costco, they had covered up the "Polish Dog" part of the sign and I knew things would never be the same.

F-bomb away, funkster.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

ftr the murder of those freshly dipped chocolate/almond ice cream bars is a worse tragedy than the polish dogs
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Give me names funkster, these Costco executives live in my community... I will search them out and shame them into oblivion. They will never be able to enjoy a craft beer in peace again!
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Vacuum sealer ftw.
    Thanks for the reminder. I need to get one of those before my card expires.

I've never had a polish dog or Acai bowl at Costco. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I've never had a polish dog or Acai bowl at Costco. True story.
    But did you ever indulge in the hand-dipped ice cream bar? Be honest.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    He's a pinko commie Costco-hater. Commies don't like to enjoy life.

The greatest thing at Costco right now is the bulgoki meat in the meat/deli department. They take a chuck roast or something and thin slice it and pre-marinate it with bulgoki sauce and sliced onions. Cook that stuff up in a hot wok and serve up in a bowl with lettuce, cucumbers, kimchi, red pepper paste. Or make Korean street tacos. It is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Give me names funkster, these Costco executives live in my community... I will search them out and shame them into oblivion. They will never be able to enjoy a craft beer in peace again!
    I will be getting the names shortly. Those bastards don't deserve to enjoy a craft beer in peace again. No whiskey should cross their lips without constant harassment until they bring back the polish dog.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    ftr the murder of those freshly dipped chocolate/almond ice cream bars is a worse tragedy than the polish dogs
    I loved the freshly dipped chocolate/almond ice cream bars. The thing to do was to ask them to only have almonds on one side, which created the perfect almond/chocolate/ice cream ratio. They were delicious and a tragedy to lose.

However, the polish dog with drink for $1.50 is the Costco Food Court. It would be like the LDS church deciding, meh we are going to ditch the whole worshiping Jesus thing and replace Him with a fucking meatless Al Pastor salad and an Acai bowl.
    --SeattleUte

The greatest thing at Costco right now is the bulgoki meat in the meat/deli department. They take a chuck roast or something and thin slice it and pre-marinate it with bulgoki sauce and sliced onions. Cook that stuff up in a hot wok and serve up in a bowl with lettuce, cucumbers, kimchi, red pepper paste. Or make Korean street tacos. It is awesome.
    Why have I not been made aware of this until now? I know what dinner might be for me tonight. Or maybe I'll pick up the bulgoki for tomorrow and get a meatless Al Pastor salad and Acai bowl for dessert. That is what I really want for dinner tonight.

Also, Costco now carries in the frozen section beef bulgobi mandu that are delicious. Just pan fry them in some oil.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Nope, but I'm not sure if my Costco has a dipped ice-cream bar. Is mine an outlier?

He's a pinko commie Costco-hater. Commies don't like to enjoy life.
    Know what's really bad? My SIL just started working there, and she likes it. I don't know if I can stay true to myself and berate her constantly for working at the temple of capitalism, or just let sleeping dogs lie to maintain healthy family relationships. I'm so conflicted!

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Why have I not been made aware of this until now? I know what dinner might be for me tonight. Or maybe I'll pick up the bulgoki for tomorrow and get a meatless Al Pastor salad and Acai bowl for dessert. That is what I really want for dinner tonight.

Also, Costco now carries in the frozen section beef bulgobi mandu that are delicious. Just pan fry them in some oil.
    We have some of those bulgoki mandu in the freezer. Have not tried them yet.

Last Sunday we did Korean tacos with the bulgoki meat. We made a bowl of pickled shredded cucumbers and carrots. Take a warm tortilla, add some meat, a spoonful of the cucumber/carrot stuff, and drizzle some sriracha mayo on top. Omg. Amazing.