No announcement yet.

The COSTCO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorite Costco items is the Honey Wheat and Walnut bread. It is wonderful. Terrific flavor and it maintains a soft texture for many days. Makes heavenly french toast and grilled cheese sandwiches.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by statman View Post
      Not that it matters to anyone except those collecting taxes. From how the story was relayed to me - the Lehi/AF dividing line runs through both the Costco and WalMart properties. When WalMart and Costco were being planned AF & Lehi agreed that for tax purposes, Lehi gets Costco and AF gets WalMart.

What does the AF store have that you couldn't get in the Bay Area? 45 pound buckets of wheat from Lehi Roller Mills...
      I don't know about the Lehi store, but the South Jordan store has these chocolate cake doughnuts that you can not get at the Eugene location. Which is a good thing.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        One of my favorite Costco items is the Honey Wheat and Walnut bread. It is wonderful. Terrific flavor and it maintains a soft texture for many days. Makes heavenly french toast and grilled cheese sandwiches.
        I have never seen that before. I will look for it. I have been into getting the 3 Seed Oatnut bread, lately. It tastes great with a nice salt-cured meat sandwich.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

We live in the middle of nowhere. We keep our Costco membership because sometimes we like to go to the city. When we do, DDD, we take our big cooler with us so we can bring back cold goods. I've found that having the big cooler creates occasions for its use. If you can afford one, and have a place to store it, I'd get one. We got ours as a wedding gift and it's going strong 11 years later.

We like Costco's Kirkland Signature:

Olive Oil (in the green glass bottles)
          Balsamic Vinegar (" " " " ")
          Pecans
          Ravioli (for an easy meal the kids will eat)

We can also get stuff there we can't find elsewhere, like:

Milton's Multi-Grain Plus Bread
          Uniball Gel Impact Pens in bulk (this is the only pen I'll use to grade papers)

But mostly we just find the pricing, selection, and variety vastly superior to Sam's. And, you never know what you'll find there.

I went to the one in Mérida, México, and aside from different brand names on some goods, and the prices being in pesos, you'd never know you were in México being inside that store.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I went to a Sams club in Mexico, or maybe it was a Costco, but Sams has been their longer, so I think it was a Sams. I cant remember if it was in San Luis Potosi, or Mexico city. I remember them selling Jose Cuervo tequilla packaged together with two 2 liter bottles of squirt.
            "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

You can also buy glass bottles of Coke by the case at Costco. They are imported from Mexico and made with cane sugar instead of HF corn syrup. Quite a treat for those of us who spent two years being spoiled in the soda pop department.

Comment

All you Costco people can kiss my fat arse!

The closest Costco is over an hour away

We are now Sam's Club folk. We have convinced ourselves that Sam's is as good as Costco, just as we convinced ourselves that we didn't miss the mountains. Then we went back out west for a visit...
                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

My wife buys the bare naked jumbo bags of granola. Apple cinnamon flavor. It tastes delicious on just about anything, especially when you mix it in with plain yogurt.

*Banned*

Comment

My favorite Costco trip was the one when I went in for milk, eggs and bread, and walked out with a kayak.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag View Post
                      My favorite Costco trip was the one when I went in for milk, eggs and bread, and walked out with a kayak.
                      I went into Costco on Saturday. My list was honey, maple syrup, chicken, protein bars, granola bars, bread, sparkling water, bananas.

At different times during my journey through the store, I alternately had a telescope, a small laptop, a home entertainment system, golf balls, a vacuum-packed beef tenderloin and a powerwasher in the cart as well.

Miraculously, I came out with nothing that wasn't on my original list.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag View Post
                        This made me laugh. My wife will like this one too, since I'm the one making all the Costco trips.
                        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                          I went into Costco on Saturday. My list was honey, maple syrup, chicken, protein bars, granola bars, bread, sparkling water, bananas.

At different times during my journey through the store, I alternately had a telescope, a small laptop, a home entertainment system, golf balls, a vacuum-packed beef tenderloin and a powerwasher in the cart as well.
                          LOL, so very true!
                          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Miraculously, I came out with nothing that wasn't on my original list.
                            don't knock those small laptops. Was it one of those $400 deals? I am really into those and want to get one. I am still trying to decide which one I want to get. I see no need to ever buy another big laptop again since I only use them for internet, email, and word/excel.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              don't knock those small laptops. Was it one of those $400 deals? I am really into those and want to get one. I am still trying to decide which one I want to get. I see no need to ever buy another big laptop again since I only use them for internet, email, and word/excel.
                              I am not knocking them at all. I have a big one now that is close to buying the farm, and I am going to get a small $400 one to replace it.
                              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

I am not knocking them at all. I have a big one now that is close to buying the farm, and I am going to get a small $400 one to replace it.
                                I know. I was just looking for an excuse to yell at you.

Our costco doesn't sell telescopes.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X