The COSTCO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I've never had a polish dog or Acai bowl at Costco. True story.
    But did you ever indulge in the hand-dipped ice cream bar? Be honest.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      He's a pinko commie Costco-hater. Commies don't like to enjoy life.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• The greatest thing at Costco right now is the bulgoki meat in the meat/deli department. They take a chuck roast or something and thin slice it and pre-marinate it with bulgoki sauce and sliced onions. Cook that stuff up in a hot wok and serve up in a bowl with lettuce, cucumbers, kimchi, red pepper paste. Or make Korean street tacos. It is awesome.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          Give me names funkster, these Costco executives live in my community... I will search them out and shame them into oblivion. They will never be able to enjoy a craft beer in peace again!
          I will be getting the names shortly. Those bastards don't deserve to enjoy a craft beer in peace again. No whiskey should cross their lips without constant harassment until they bring back the polish dog.

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          ftr the murder of those freshly dipped chocolate/almond ice cream bars is a worse tragedy than the polish dogs
          I loved the freshly dipped chocolate/almond ice cream bars. The thing to do was to ask them to only have almonds on one side, which created the perfect almond/chocolate/ice cream ratio. They were delicious and a tragedy to lose.

However, the polish dog with drink for $1.50 is the Costco Food Court. It would be like the LDS church deciding, meh we are going to ditch the whole worshiping Jesus thing and replace Him with a fucking meatless Al Pastor salad and an Acai bowl.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            The greatest thing at Costco right now is the bulgoki meat in the meat/deli department. They take a chuck roast or something and thin slice it and pre-marinate it with bulgoki sauce and sliced onions. Cook that stuff up in a hot wok and serve up in a bowl with lettuce, cucumbers, kimchi, red pepper paste. Or make Korean street tacos. It is awesome.
            Why have I not been made aware of this until now? I know what dinner might be for me tonight. Or maybe I'll pick up the bulgoki for tomorrow and get a meatless Al Pastor salad and Acai bowl for dessert. That is what I really want for dinner tonight.

Also, Costco now carries in the frozen section beef bulgobi mandu that are delicious. Just pan fry them in some oil.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Nope, but I'm not sure if my Costco has a dipped ice-cream bar. Is mine an outlier?

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              He's a pinko commie Costco-hater. Commies don't like to enjoy life.
              Know what's really bad? My SIL just started working there, and she likes it. I don't know if I can stay true to myself and berate her constantly for working at the temple of capitalism, or just let sleeping dogs lie to maintain healthy family relationships. I'm so conflicted!
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                Why have I not been made aware of this until now? I know what dinner might be for me tonight. Or maybe I'll pick up the bulgoki for tomorrow and get a meatless Al Pastor salad and Acai bowl for dessert. That is what I really want for dinner tonight.

Also, Costco now carries in the frozen section beef bulgobi mandu that are delicious. Just pan fry them in some oil.
                We have some of those bulgoki mandu in the freezer. Have not tried them yet.

Last Sunday we did Korean tacos with the bulgoki meat. We made a bowl of pickled shredded cucumbers and carrots. Take a warm tortilla, add some meat, a spoonful of the cucumber/carrot stuff, and drizzle some sriracha mayo on top. Omg. Amazing.

Comment

• couple of warm ‘co baguettes eyeing you up in the bakery, wyd fellas?
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Briskets are going for 2.99/pound at Costco. I haven't been smoking these long enough to know if that's a great price, but it looks like it's at least a good price.

brisket.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      Briskets are going for 2.99/pound at Costco. I haven't been smoking these long enough to know if that's a great price, but it looks like it's at least a good price.
                      It's a great price (at least around here), especially since it's Prime. Sorry about us enjoying the low prices, cowboy. I smoked 2 briskets a month ago and took one to my son's place when we celebrated his little boy's 1st birthday. We just had some of the leftovers tonight from the other (we froze some of it for later use). Still delish!

Comment

• great price
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• For prime that’s a great price.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Great price. For comparison a Wagyu brisket is $14-$15/lb
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• OMG OMG OMG OMG

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                                OMG OMG OMG OMG
                                Mushrooms are disgusting. I will not be buying those.
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X