The COSTCO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Only sometimes? How do you decide when to call it that and when not to?
    Pretty simple really. I look at who is in line and what they are returning.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Pretty simple really. I look at who is in line and what they are returning.
      If he is in the line or if they are returning something he owns, no shame. Otherwise, line Of shame
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• I would indeed be ungrateful if I did not bear my testimony about the convenience and tastiness of "Quick 'n' Eat" pre-cooked Angus beef hamburger patties. Toss one in the microwave for 75 seconds or so, during which you toast a bun and slather on the condiments, and voila! A very good burger, esp. considering the ease and speed of preparation.

Comment

• My wife and I have a new nickname for Costco: the Kirkland Temple.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            I would indeed be ungrateful if I did not bear my testimony about the convenience and tastiness of "Quick 'n' Eat" pre-cooked Angus beef hamburger patties. Toss one in the microwave for 75 seconds or so, during which you toast a bun and slather on the condiments, and voila! A very good burger, esp. considering the ease and speed of preparation.
            Agreed. We used these on a scout camp out last summer. I was very skeptical about them, but ended up thinking they were just as good as the frozen uncooked burgers.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Here's another quick and easy Costco meaty meal.

Pre-cooked bacon - microwave for 20 seconds. Fry (cook) some corn tortillas. Melt some cheese. Put the cheese in the tortilla, put in a piece or two of bacon. Add mayonnaise and lettuce, and you have a delicious pseudo BLT Taco.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I would indeed be ungrateful if I did not bear my testimony about the convenience and tastiness of "Quick 'n' Eat" pre-cooked Angus beef hamburger patties. Toss one in the microwave for 75 seconds or so, during which you toast a bun and slather on the condiments, and voila! A very good burger, esp. considering the ease and speed of preparation.
                What's the wattage of your microwave? Cooking time could vary and would like to be able to adjust accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  Here's another quick and easy Costco meaty meal.

Pre-cooked bacon - microwave for 20 seconds. Fry (cook) some corn tortillas. Melt some cheese. Put the cheese in the tortilla, put in a piece or two of bacon. Add mayonnaise and lettuce, and you have a delicious pseudo BLT Taco.
                  Mayonnaise on a taco. I hope to never encounter this concept again the rest of my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    Here's another quick and easy Costco meaty meal.

Lol. That sounds disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      What's the wattage of your microwave? Cooking time could vary and would like to be able to adjust accordingly.
                      I don't know the wattage, but I'm happy to report the patties don't require much precision to be cooked to tasty perfection. Assuming they're frozen, I'd do them 30-40 seconds a side, and maybe add 20 seconds more if your oven's underperforming. Not even I have screwed this up.

Comment

• Do people really eat microwave hamburgers? Wow.

Comment

Do people really eat microwave hamburgers? Wow.
                          i'd prefer something fresh off the grill, but if time is short the "Quick n' Eat" patties are a worthy substitute. BTW, I gave a couple of them to my law partner who zapped them for himself and his son, a Culinary Institute of America grad and a local chef. He pronounced them, "Pretty good!" So there's that.

Comment

Do people really eat microwave hamburgers? Wow.
                            Didn't you read PAC's post? He does. Probably not a good idea to insult the most beloved poster in the history of BYU message boards. Very bad for the CS brand.

Comment

i'd prefer something fresh off the grill, but if time is short the "Quick n' Eat" patties are a worthy substitute. BTW, I gave a couple of them to my law partner who zapped them for himself and his son, a Culinary Institute of America grad and a local chef. He pronounced them, "Pretty good!" So there's that.
                              lol. Costco have you working on commission or something?

Comment

Uh... OK.

I am guessing you guys were probably out of microwave corndogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X