Who uses a password keeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who uses a password keeper?

There was an article in the Deseret News that got me thinking about it again. I didn't trust them for a while, but I think maybe they've developed enough that I could go with one of them.

LastPass. Love it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      LastPass. Love it.
      Premium or free version?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Premium or free version?
        Premium.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Premium or free version?

I use the free version. It is sufficient for my needs.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Premium.
            Mach 5 razors and now this!
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

KeePass on my local machine at home. I use an algorithmic password so I typically don't need to remember them all because I can reconstruct them based on the algorithm; however, I keep them all stored in KeePass because:

1) My algorithm has changed over time and sometimes I forget which one I need.
              2) I don't use an algorithmic username so I sometimes forget that.

Comment

And I NEVER have the browser remember my password and auto-fill it in for me.

Comment

Mach 5 razors and now this!
                  I am ballin’.

Comment

work paid lastpass.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I keep all of my passwords in a Word document so that my wife can easily look them up when needed. I figure that my home machine is sufficiently secure that it's not worth worrying about keeping them there.

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                      And I NEVER have the browser remember my password and auto-fill it in for me.
                      I have the browser remember the passwords on web sites that don't really matter - like this one. Any site with financial information needs me to type the password in. Again, it's on my own machine and I trust Firefox and Chrome to keep them well enough protected from rogue websites. If I ever see anything about someone finding a way to get those passwords remotely, I'll have to change ALL of my passwords and change my ways. So far so good. (And I study computer risks regularly, so I wouldn't miss something like that happening.)

Comment

Over the christmas break I went through all my passwords and made it so I have a unique one for every website. Now that iOS allows tighter integration with password managers such as LastPass, I can do this and still have simple easy access both on my laptop and my phone. My wife and I share the account, so she has access to everything if I get hit by a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                          I keep all of my passwords in a Word document so that my wife can easily look them up when needed. I figure that my home machine is sufficiently secure that it's not worth worrying about keeping them there.

I have the browser remember the passwords on web sites that don't really matter - like this one. Any site with financial information needs me to type the password in. Again, it's on my own machine and I trust Firefox and Chrome to keep them well enough protected from rogue websites. If I ever see anything about someone finding a way to get those passwords remotely, I'll have to change ALL of my passwords and change my ways. So far so good. (And I study computer risks regularly, so I wouldn't miss something like that happening.)
                          I have a spreadsheet that tracks everything important, but I'm going to get rid of it to tighten up security, and make it a little easier to access everything.

I'm on the trial version of Lastpass right now. It's going to be a little bit of work to get everything set up the way I want. It was able to import everything I'd saved in Chrome, so that along with my spreadsheet will bring everything together in a more organized and secure way. No more recycling the same passwords at different sites. It's the smart move today.

If I like it well enough, I'm probably going to buy the family version and get my kids doing the same thing. Oh yeah, I use Mach 5 razers as well.

Comment

LastPass. Love it.
                            Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                            KeePass on my local machine at home. I use an algorithmic password so I typically don't need to remember them all because I can reconstruct them based on the algorithm; however, I keep them all stored in KeePass because:

1) My algorithm has changed over time and sometimes I forget which one I need.
                            2) I don't use an algorithmic username so I sometimes forget that.
                            Everyone still happy with their LastPass or KeePass setups? Any better options out there now?
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Everyone still happy with their LastPass or KeePass setups? Any better options out there now?
                              I've been using lastpass since recommendations here. I really like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X