Who uses a tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who uses a tablet?

I'm looking for a tablet to replace my bullet journal. The process of using a pen to take notes and organize my tasks has been beneficial in moving more of that information into my feeble brain, so a good stylus interface is one of the most important factors. I'll probably also use it for most of my web browsing, even at work, since the Nazi IT system keeps me from going places like here.

I'm leaning towards the Surface Pro or Surface Go. I think the Go might be too small for everything I'll want to do though.

I use my Kindle Fire 10 for work and browsing. Together with a Fintie bluetooth keyboard/case, it's an awesome solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      I'm looking for a tablet to replace my bullet journal. The process of using a pen to take notes and organize my tasks has been beneficial in moving more of that information into my feeble brain, so a good stylus interface is one of the most important factors. I'll probably also use it for most of my web browsing, even at work, since the Nazi IT system keeps me from going places like here.

I'm leaning towards the Surface Pro or Surface Go. I think the Go might be too small for everything I'll want to do though.
      Get something with lots of power and battery life... https://www.tomsguide.com/us/new-ipa...ews-28453.html
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

ipad pro + applepencil so far ahead you’d be crazy to do anything else
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          I use my Kindle Fire 10 for work and browsing. Together with a Fintie bluetooth keyboard/case, it's an awesome solution.
          Kindle Fire 10. I mainly read books on it, which I can download for free from the local library and keep for 21 days. I got it so that my wife could show videos and pictures on it at primary. We haven't done quite as much of that as expected. The best thing about it is the price - $120. The worst thing about it is that you can't get all of the apps that a normal Android tablet runs because Kindle uses an Amazon-special version that doesn't include any of the Google stuff that all of the licensed Android tablets use. If you're okay with inferior maps and browsers, then it's a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
            Kindle Fire 10. I mainly read books on it, which I can download for free from the local library and keep for 21 days. I got it so that my wife could show videos and pictures on it at primary. We haven't done quite as much of that as expected. The best thing about it is the price - $120. The worst thing about it is that you can't get all of the apps that a normal Android tablet runs because Kindle uses an Amazon-special version that doesn't include any of the Google stuff that all of the licensed Android tablets use. If you're okay with inferior maps and browsers, then it's a good deal.
            It is super easy to add Google play store to fire 10. Only takes a couple minutes.

Comment

May have to look into that. Thanks.

Comment

I've got a Samsung Book 2 - runs Windows 10 with a stylus and a LTE connection. Use it for business. $1200 plus $36/month for the connection. Happy with it... it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6IUfYytRg

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  I've got a Samsung Book 2 - runs Windows 10 with a stylus and a LTE connection. Use it for business. $1200 plus $36/month for the connection. Happy with it... it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6IUfYytRg
                  Those ARM-based Snapdragon processors in those Samsung Book's are nice and "snappy"... Two bad they are over an year behind Apple's A12X ARM CPUs they are putting in their iPad Pros.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                  X