Men's Volleyball 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Do you agree with the call before, where he used up his challenge? I couldn't tell.
    Kosty’s last challenge was dumb. He should have kept it and would have overturned the final play.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      Growing up in southern California it was not unusual to see the same refs call HS, college and AVP matches. For example I had Dancing Marvin Hall call several of my HS games. Then he'd be calling college games and AVP tournaments on the weekend.
      I’m with you. I’ve had the same refs at 6-Man as I have had at AVP. The refs who do BYU games also did US Nationals when it was in SLC and the men’s and women’s crews at BYU are many of the same people. These people are all good refs. The rough part is the men’s college game is hard to call. I wouldn’t even be willing to do line judge at a match. The ball moves too fast. On the other hand, I could do the women’s matches at BYU without difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
        I’m with you. I’ve had the same refs at 6-Man as I have had at AVP. The refs who do BYU games also did US Nationals when it was in SLC and the men’s and women’s crews at BYU are many of the same people. These people are all good refs. The rough part is the men’s college game is hard to call. I wouldn’t even be willing to do line judge at a match. The ball moves too fast. On the other hand, I could do the women’s matches at BYU without difficulty.
        Savage.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
          I agree. I hated being a line judge for that reason. Calling lines is difficult enough when the ball is flying. It's a joke that line judges can call touches. How's the line judge expected to see a finger grazed when the refs at the net can't even see it?

I think challenges are mostly dumb. Video review is a joke pretty much anywhere but BYU unless the game is televised.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            I agree. I hated being a line judge for that reason. Calling lines is difficult enough when the ball is flying. It's a joke that line judges can call touches. How's the line judge expected to see a finger grazed when the refs at the net can't even see it?

I think challenges are mostly dumb. Video review is a joke pretty much anywhere but BYU unless the game is televised.
            They should put down a line like in beach so you can see it jump. Then you can focus on touches. smh The good part is, it goes both ways and doesn’t give a clear advantage.

Comment

Back to BYU volleyball, Cyrus is dealing like a pro. I’m impressed.

Comment

What in the world is up with this team? They were playing somewhat better a couple of weeks ago, then this week they get blown out by Concordia (???) and USC.

It was kind of funny to watch the feed and see an old man and woman sitting by themselves in the front row behind the service line. They must be donors or something, but there was nobody around them.

Comment

Yuck.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Mens Volleyball 2019

due to the server migration underway, it looks like we lost the last two volleyball posts RE: Rupert was revealed to be an unscrupulous defalcating polygamist who met a very sorry end indeed ... pardon the pun

Someone want to take a stab at an alternate direction ?

EDIT: Clong was able to recover the lost posts, as seen below.

Comment

Dang server migrations. Is that what happened to bestellen?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        bestellen now belongs to the ages.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                          She was deprecated.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            She was deprecated.
                            Maybe Clong can help recover her.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Pelagius, have you been to any of the men's games? Is this a championship team? I realize many have been away, but will BYU challenge UCLA and Hawaii? Two matches are in Hawaii, IIRC.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Tonight's match was an impressive display of returning, blocking and hitting. Neither team served that well.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X