"Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    Meh. I wasn't necessarily thirsty to call home all the time. I remember one Christmas in Guatemala I had to hitchhike all morning to get to a phone that could handle my call home. Nice to talk to the family, but honestly a PITA.
    on one of my calls, i spent 45 minutes trying to get through. finally got through and after about 20 minutes, one of the little kids of the family whose phone i was using unplugged the damn thing. i said eff it and that was that. didn't even get to say goodbye. oh well.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      This looks really cool. Too bad my oldest is only 14. Another couple of years before he can go. Oh well, gives me some time to save up for the travel costs - I'm not a welder, you know!
      My son is going to one of these this summer. Can't remember which one, but Tonga rings a bell. Hope he writes and let's me know.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        My son is going to one of these this summer. Can't remember which one, but Tonga rings a bell. Hope he writes and let's me know.
        Can't you just take his phone away and turn off the internet rather than sending him all the way to Tonga or BFE to get a "digital detox"?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Can't you just take his phone away and turn off the internet rather than sending him all the way to Tonga or BFE to get a "digital detox"?
          We did that, their friends just donated older devices (often iPod Touches) to bypass the unreasonable parents and hooked into the neighbor's wifi. Wish anything was as simple as it should be.

Comment

• Dont know if RMN can claim credit for this innovation, but it happened on his watch so I am giving it to him. The new chapel building key:

New Key FOB.jpg

Aside: This is the same company we use at work, and for years I have been asking for a small fob like this, instead of the credit card sized cards we use. My company: "I'm sorry they dont make anything like what you're requesting."

Comment

• "Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              Dont know if RMN can claim credit for this innovation, but it happened on his watch so I am giving it to him. The new chapel building key:

[ATTACH]9396[/ATTACH]

Aside: This is the same company we use at work, and for years I have been asking for a small fob like this, instead of the credit card sized cards we use. My company: "I'm sorry they dont make anything like what you're requesting."
              I finally dumped my work fob for a card. I don’t even have to take my wallet out of my pocket, since the scanner is butt-high for me. Besides, I can’t stand to have anything attached to my car fob, so I had been carrying around two fobs (usually leaving the work fob in my car unless I needed it).
              Last edited by Donuthole; 03-03-2019, 06:25 PM.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                Dont know if RMN can claim credit for this innovation, but it happened on his watch so I am giving it to him. The new chapel building key:

[ATTACH]9396[/ATTACH]

It will be about 50 years before we get those things in my parts. Facilities are lazy assholes, so they won't be changing out our locks any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  It will be about 50 years before we get those things in my parts. Facilities are lazy assholes, so they won't be changing out our locks any time soon.
                  FM Group aren't lazy. They will change things out in a heartbeat. All it takes is for it to be paid out of somebody else's budget.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

[ATTACH]9396[/ATTACH]

About 10 years ago buildings in our stake went to this system. About 5 years ago, they all changed back to physical keys. I was never told the reason for the change back.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                      FM Group aren't lazy. They will change things out in a heartbeat. All it takes is for it to be paid out of somebody else's budget.
                      Ha.

Comment

• Two predictions for possible changes, based on things currently being tested in selected areas:

1. Missionaries wearing casual clothing and no name tags.

2. YM/YW activities every other week. Also, no Duty To God or Personal Progress programs.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Two predictions for possible changes, based on things currently being tested in selected areas:

2. YM/YW activities every other week. Also, no Duty To God or Personal Progress programs.
                          3. Elimination of certain stake auxiliaries.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            3. Elimination of certain stake auxiliaries.
                            Is that being tested somewhere?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Two predictions for possible changes, based on things currently being tested in selected areas:

No Duty to God program? How do they test that? Based on my stake it would be pretty hard to have a true control group. No program? No one does it. With the program? Pretty much no one does it.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                No Duty to God program? How do they test that? Based on my stake it would be pretty hard to have a true control group. No program? No one does it. With the program? Pretty much no one does it.
                                Ha. I guess we are all testing that part of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X