No announcement yet.

"Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is the typical rumor about people getting mission calls without specifics but that information will be disclosed in general conference.

The one my wife heard this week though is a little different. The missionaries are called to a specific mission, but the duration of their mission wasn't listed as 18 or 24 months. And of course their call supposedly said that the information about the duration would be announced in General Conference.

Anyone else heard this? Seems too similar to all those rumors in the past to be believable.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
      There is the typical rumor about people getting mission calls without specifics but that information will be disclosed in general conference.

The one my wife heard this week though is a little different. The missionaries are called to a specific mission, but the duration of their mission wasn't listed as 18 or 24 months. And of course their call supposedly said that the information about the duration would be announced in General Conference.

Anyone else heard this? Seems too similar to all those rumors in the past to be believable.
      Several of my son’s buddies have received their calls in the last few weeks. No mention of anything like that.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• We had our sisters over for dinner last week and I asked what general conference rumors are going around the mission and they said the popular one is missionary age is and duration will be the same for elders and sisters.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          We had our sisters over for dinner last week and I asked what general conference rumors are going around the mission and they said the popular one is missionary age is and duration will be the same for elders and sisters.
          They ought to allow them to date but only each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
            They ought to allow them to date but only each other.
            Never say never, I suppose, but I'm pretty sure they won't let the sister missionaries date each other.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• C8C4F777-0E2D-418B-A48B-02F7B9731548.jpg

Hmm....

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                Never say never, I suppose, but I'm pretty sure they won't let the sister missionaries date each other.
                It would go a long way to helping BYU get into a P5 conference. And probably increase the amount of first discussion opportunities. So fingers crossed!
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  [ATTACH]9413[/ATTACH]

Hmm....
                  My son's said says 24 months and he got it last week.

Comment

• And he said that he watched 4 people open their call tonight, and heard of many others receiving theirs today and he hasn't seen anything like that

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                      And he said that he watched 4 people open their call tonight, and heard of many others receiving theirs today and he hasn't seen anything like that
                      How many of them were women? I could see missions for women extending to 24 months.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Dave McCann backpedaling...

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Dave McCann backpedaling...

What is he referencing?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            What is he referencing?
                            Looks like he's referencing a low quality fb video of his nephew opening his call from which somehow he decided to use his status as a news reporter to report this implying LDS missions will be reduced to 12 months. Without attempting to even confirm from his nephew whether he heard the video correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                              There is the typical rumor about people getting mission calls without specifics but that information will be disclosed in general conference.

One of the YM leaders in our ward says that his wife's nephew (or something like that) got a similar call. Location announced, but a note saying there would be more information about duration after General Conference.

I'm not putting much stock in it - but I did manage to not chuckle when he told me, all wide-eyed.

Seeing CB go all in on rumors of the Word of Wisdom changing has been entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                One of the YM leaders in our ward says that his wife's nephew (or something like that) got a similar call. Location announced, but a note saying there would be more information about duration after General Conference.

I'm not putting much stock in it - but I did manage to not chuckle when he told me, all wide-eyed.

Seeing CB go all in on rumors of the Word of Wisdom changing has been entertaining.
                                What are the rumors about the Word of Wisdom changing? I cannot read a sealed book.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X