"Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I would agree here with the tone, but would change the last word to state that the announced changes are disguised as "revelation". Corporate re-branding plus the publication of a meaningless boilerplate "proclamation" which could be more simply described as a run-of-the-mill press release. Do better RNM.
    +1 on a extreme disappointment with the current presidency. +1 Mormonforever. This is what happens when 90 year old men that don't take advice from others are leading. The corporate rebrand is 30 years too late. Irrelevant now. Evangelical christianity is on life support, and we're finally trying to align ourselves with them. Secularism is the enemy now. No one is asking which is Christ's true church. They are asking, why should I care about Christ. That said, I was stimulated and inspired by portions of conference and feel the community of my fellow saints.

Comment

• "Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      +1 on a extreme disappointment with the current presidency. +1 Mormonforever. This is what happens when 90 year old men that don't take advice from others are leading. The corporate rebrand is 30 years too late. Irrelevant now. Evangelical christianity is on life support, and we're finally trying to align ourselves with them. Secularism is the enemy now. No one is asking which is Christ's true church. They are asking, why should I care about Christ. That said, I was stimulated and inspired by portions of conference and feel the community of my fellow saints.
      I don’t think you could have more persuasively argued in favor of these changes if that had been your purpose than you did by arguing against them.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
        I don’t think you could have more persuasively argued in favor of these changes if that had been your purpose than you did by arguing against them.
        Oh brother.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Tough crowd. I think he's doing a fine job.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            Jay, this is ridiculous. Did you not just witness an entire conference dedicated to the first vision, restoration, etc? I can't imagine any reasonable evangelical seeing RMN's tenure as an attempt to align with them and abandon our core beliefs.

I think there were countless reasons given to care about Christ in this conference.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I hope President Nelson lives for another 10+ years... or at least longer than DHO. Love President Nelson.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• #teampresidentnelson

Comment

• Conference was great. The Prophet and his messages were great.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I think all the big changes out of the gate conditioned people to expect big changes ever 6 mo. That's not sustainable, or even advisable.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    I would agree here with the tone, but would change the last word to state that the announced changes are disguised as "revelation". Corporate re-branding plus the publication of a meaningless boilerplate "proclamation" which could be more simply described as a run-of-the-mill press release. Do better RNM.
                    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    You guys are jacked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                      You guys are jacked up.
                      Haven't been jacked for a long time.

After 3 weeks of quarantine:

not_jacked.JPG
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Conference was great. The Prophet and his messages were great.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I think all the big changes out of the gate conditioned people to expect big changes ever 6 mo. That's not sustainable, or even advisable.
                        Of course that doesn’t stop leadership from hyping announcements coming and generating buzz about what they will be!
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Of course that doesn’t stop leadership from hyping announcements coming and generating buzz about what they will be!
                          Nelson promised an historical general conference and delivered:

- New symbol. Love it. I have always wondered why Moroni was used. I mean the guy is the cool but it's not his church.
                          - 200th anniversary of first vision. Cool. BTW, the date of the first vision was most likely not April 6th but March 26th, 1820: https://www.facebook.com/10827759062...31662257545756
                          - A solemn assembly. Yes, we mormons are weird and all my baptist friends are now sending me videos of people waving white handkerchiefs.
                          - A freak'n temple in China! Now we can baptize the hell out of those bat-eating commies!
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            Nelson promised an historical general conference and delivered:

- New symbol. Love it. I have always wondered why Moroni was used. I mean the guy is the cool but it's not his church.
                            - 200th anniversary of first vision. Cool. BTW, the date of the first vision was most likely not April 6th but March 26th, 1820: https://www.facebook.com/10827759062...31662257545756
                            - A solemn assembly. Yes, we mormons are weird and all my baptist friends are now sending me videos of people waving white handkerchiefs.
                            - A freak'n temple in China! Now we can baptize the hell out of those bat-eating commies!
                            I love that phrase.

Comment

• We will need some social distancing baptism machines.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                We will need some social distancing baptism machines.

Comment

Working...
                                X