"Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So - missionary emails used to have the domain "@myldsmail.net"

Since the official back to the original name announcement - it's now "@missionary.org".

Anyone else notice that? Am I just slow?

Comment

• Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Witnessing Ordinances

Early in this dispensation, the Lord instructed that "in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established" (Doctrine and Covenants 6:28). Consistent with this direction, members of the Church serve as witnesses when sacred ordinances of salvation and exaltation are performed.

We are pleased to announce procedural adjustments for the two individuals who serve as witnesses to baptisms and sealing ordinances. These adjustments are effective immediately in all temples and in all Church units. As invited by presiding authorities:
      Any member holding a current temple recommend, including a limited-use recommend, may serve as a witness to a proxy baptism.
      Any endowed member with a current temple recommend may serve as a witness to a living or proxy sealing.
      Any baptized member of the Church, including children and youth, may serve as a witness to the baptism of a living person.
      We trust that you, as individuals and families, will find great joy in your service as you help provide saving ordinances to Heavenly Father's children.

Comment

• Awesome. My oldest son and daughter can be the witnesses to my next daughters baptism. Pretty cool.

Comment

• That's cool. A baby step, but definitely in the right direction.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• My daughter will be thrilled to have my wife witness her baptism and will be thrilled again to witness her brother's baptism.

Comment

• I wonder if eventually there will be so much inclusive participation by women in the Church that dropping gender-based restriction will not seem like a leap when it eventually occurs.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Four days late on this one, for us. Would have been nice to have my son and daughter be the witnesses to their younger sister's baptism last Saturday. But better late than never, I suppose.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• This is a good change. Hopefully at some point we also stop local leaders from thinking that young women can also pick up trash after church so the deacons are no longer asked to carry out the trash from the women’s bathroom.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    This is a good change. Hopefully at some point we also stop local leaders from thinking that young women can also pick up trash after church so the deacons are no longer asked to carry out the trash from the women’s bathroom.
                    I think you're pointing out sloth, and nothing that should be directed from HQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      This is a good change. Hopefully at some point we also stop local leaders from thinking that young women can also pick up trash after church so the deacons are no longer asked to carry out the trash from the women’s bathroom.
                      ewww.

I think I am the designated bathroom cleaner in my building. Last month I checked. The bathrooms were cleaned once, the week I did it. Disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Four days late on this one, for us. Would have been nice to have my son and daughter be the witnesses to their younger sister's baptism last Saturday. But better late than never, I suppose.
                        A couple years late for us.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          That's cool. A baby step, but definitely in the right direction.
                          a baby step toward what?
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            That's cool. A baby step, but definitely in the right direction.
                            Another snowflake in the snowstorm.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                              Another snowflake in the snowstorm.
                              Funk, once again you take any expression of faith and optimism and piss all over it. What a way to live.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                a baby step toward what?

Comment

Working...
                                X