Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I'd put some money down on that one.
    Yeah. It kind of is a no brainier with the direction things are going, isn't it?

Comment

If we are simplifying anything. Please let it be trek. Let's get rid of that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        Strictly rumor, but I heard they are getting rid of all stake auxiliary callings. Just functioning via ward callings.
        What does this include? All the stake YM/YW callings? Stake RS?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          What does this include? All the stake YM/YW callings? Stake RS?
          And the most useless of all, stake Sunday school presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
            All this new revelation makes me wonder why God wasn't as chatty with all of RMN's predecessors.
            There wasn't the demand for it?
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

As part of Stake Conference today, the presiding Seventy had us sustain leaders from the prophet on down, and then asked us to sustain the following Stake callings... "for now." I was surprised at how many people laughed.

Comment

I wish there could be a change that would not keep families separated for weddings. It sucked when my sister got married and my parents couldn’t be in the temple. They did a ring ceremony after and were criticized for it because it supposedly detracted from their “sacred sealing” but give me a break. How is trying to include family in a very special day wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
                  I wish there could be a change that would not keep families separated for weddings. It sucked when my sister got married and my parents couldn’t be in the temple. They did a ring ceremony after and were criticized for it because it supposedly detracted from their “sacred sealing” but give me a break. How is trying to include family in a very special day wrong?
                  My hope is that change is coming soon. Put the US more in line with what happens elsewhere in the world. That had been rumored, but may be wishful thinking.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure that's coming sooner or later.

Comment

But Sisters can wear pants now!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Please let this be true and let it happen before the 8 pointless ward conferences coming up in our stake in the next 12 weeks.

And let’s do away with ward conference as well. It’s pretty much nothing but dumb busy work.
                        The last decade, we've been encouraged to invite friends and less actives to our ward conferences, which is weird to me. It's the worst ward meeting every year. Forget the ward conference. Invite your friends to the primary program.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          But Sisters can wear pants now!
                          Ha ha. That would have come in handy on my mission. I was on a bike the whole time.

I was reading the news about sister missionaries to my 14 year old daughter and she was confused as to why they indicated sisters still had to wear dresses to church. She said, mom, what would they do if I wore pants now? I told her I would hope they would do nothing because as far as I know we could be wearing pants to church now if we wanted to since the idea is just to come in Sunday best and a good pantsuit is on par with a nice dress. She wants to wear pants to church now. I told her that is completely up to her, but don't wear them if you are just seeking a reaction or to mess with people and don't refrain from wearing them if you want to just because you fear how people will react or judge you.

Comment

I told her that is completely up to her, but don't wear them if you are just seeking a reaction or to mess with people and don't refrain from wearing them if you want to just because you fear how people will react or judge you.
                            The long lost useful definition of modesty. It's "messing with people" that is the really tricky part.

Comment

Ha ha. That would have come in handy on my mission. I was on a bike the whole time.

I was reading the news about sister missionaries to my 14 year old daughter and she was confused as to why they indicated sisters still had to wear dresses to church. She said, mom, what would they do if I wore pants now? I told her I would hope they would do nothing because as far as I know we could be wearing pants to church now if we wanted to since the idea is just to come in Sunday best and a good pantsuit is on par with a nice dress. She wants to wear pants to church now. I told her that is completely up to her, but don't wear them if you are just seeking a reaction or to mess with people and don't refrain from wearing them if you want to just because you fear how people will react or judge you.
                              I think your son would get more of a reaction from people if he wore a dress to church.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                                The long lost useful definition of modesty. It's "messing with people" that is the really tricky part.
                                Yeah. Speaking of modesty, it would be nice if it was defined in terms of behaviors instead of inches.

I would also love an adjustment to garments that allowed for shoulders to be exposed. (In my dreams lol).

Comment

Working...
                                X