Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snowcat View Post
    10. Sister missionaries can wear pants.
    That's a good one. Back to riding bikes, ladies!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      Do you feel this is an indication how much influence the president has over the workings of the church or do you think TSM and the Lord weren’t on speaking terms.
      The former.
      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

When one's career involves significant work with attribution models, one wants to make sure credit goes where credit is deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          That's a good one. Back to riding bikes, ladies!
          Hopefully setting up chairs will follow
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by snowcat View Post
            10. Sister missionaries can wear pants.
            I knew I would forget something!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              Do you feel this is an indication how much influence the president has over the workings of the church or do you think TSM and the Lord weren’t on speaking terms.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Was talking to someone last night who attended a talk by Elder Holland in the MTC in December. He said that we haven't seen anything yet and that 2019 will be filled with major changes.
                President Nelson tweeted as much a few weeks ago.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Was talking to someone last night who attended a talk by Elder Holland in the MTC in December. He said that we haven't seen anything yet and that 2019 will be filled with major changes.
                  Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  President Nelson tweeted as much a few weeks ago.
                  Hold onto your butts!
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Hold onto your butts!
                    Take your vitamins!!
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                      The narrative is always the same:

Prog-mo: if only the church would do this or that

The church: does this or that.

Prog-mo: It's not enough, too little too late.

That makes the church irredeemable. In a sense, it's just a denial of the atonement, the past cannot be forgiven under any circumstances.
                      Eh. Do you know a lot of people who claim they would actively participate in church if only their 'demands' are met? From where I see it, most of the beefs with the church are seen as symptoms of lack of divine guidance. Once someone sees it that way, not much is going to drive that person back to a state of active belief. Now I know there are some progmos out there who both actively clamor for change and hold on to some testimony. I see that a few feminist members very happy over the changes in the temple ceremony. But most progmos are still connected to the church in some manner; they are not threatening to leave if the church doesn't change.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

Ba bye, honor code! What other changes should I put on my Christmas list this year?

Comment

New books of scripture?!?!
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Eh. Do you know a lot of people who claim they would actively participate in church if only their 'demands' are met? From where I see it, most of the beefs with the church are seen as symptoms of lack of divine guidance. Once someone sees it that way, not much is going to drive that person back to a state of active belief. Now I know there are some progmos out there who both actively clamor for change and hold on to some testimony. I see that a few feminist members very happy over the changes in the temple ceremony. But most progmos are still connected to the church in some manner; they are not threatening to leave if the church doesn't change.
                            It's more than possible that it's just a pretense for what you state, but I can follow my daughter's twitter and find multiple instances of laundry lists from the disaffected. But I quit seeing church as a top-down God led organization years ago. As an organization whose primary purpose is preservation of narrative truth, I fully expect it to always remain behind moral "advances" in broader society. It's exactly what I want from a church.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              New books of scripture?!?!
                              Boo! A BoM. A BoM. We have got a BoM and need no more BoM!

Comment

11. Online Mission calls.
                                12. Consolidated service/proselytizing mission recommendation process.

Comment

Working...
                                X