Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: "Hold my root beer" - the Russell M. Nelson thread

They had several English speaking missionaries man the referral center in the MTC when I was there. Stated 5 weeks hit three. Blessing of English Mission three weeks not eight in MTC. When we dropped my brother off after I got home and I didn,t have to go there Relief. But five weeks for tee enter.

They taught you to be pushy to get referals. MTC Telecenter misionaries knew more than the missionaries in the field. Those that served stateside did you get any interesting comments on your needed referals? Service project offers things we could do to help. One new member that should not of been baptized refered someone from new member survey. Psycho beat up women she said that's not the man he really is.

But we're to ask for referals and say why not. Some lady was upset she could not go to relatives wedding we were cult. I tried to say you could if joined church. I could not do anything different then people said face to face. She would not take missionaries regardless just one of many excuses.

There may be a few civil weddings by temple but I bet most people will go straight to temple.

Quote Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
    They had several English speaking missionaries man the referral center in the MTC when I was there. Stated 5 weeks hit three. Blessing of English Mission three weeks not eight in MTC. When we dropped my brother off after I got home and I didn,t have to go there Relief. But five weeks for tee enter.

They taught you to be pushy to get referals. MTC Telecenter misionaries knew more than the missionaries in the field. Those that served stateside did you get any interesting comments on your needed referals? Service project offers things we could do to help. One new member that should not of been baptized refered someone from new member survey. Psycho beat up women she said that's not the man he really is.

But we're to ask for referals and say why not. Some lady was upset she could not go to relatives wedding we were cult. I tried to say you could if joined church. I could not do anything different then people said face to face. She would not take missionaries regardless just one of many excuses.

There may be a few civil weddings by temple but I bet most people will go straight to temple.
    My MTC companion was a UF Gator. During one of our call center shifts, he called someone who was watching the UF - FSU game, when FSU was ranked #1 the entire season and went 12-0. He spent probably a good 20 minutes on that call, mostly just getting updates on the score. To my knowledge, that was the most successful interaction any of us really had, unless you count the in-the-field missionaries who would call up just to screw with us.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    My MTC companion was a UF Gator. During one of our call center shifts, he called someone who was watching the UF - FSU game, when FSU was ranked #1 the entire season and went 12-0. He spent probably a good 20 minutes on that call, mostly just getting updates on the score. To my knowledge, that was the most successful interaction any of us really had, unless you count the in-the-field missionaries who would call up just to screw with us.
    I almost got sent home for doing that.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Please, please let this be a typo.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

I can confirm that there was no Monday, May 19, 2019 in New Zealand.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    I can confirm that there was no Monday, May 19, 2019 in New Zealand.
    Phew.
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Oh man! And what a typo: "president Russel m. Nelson ... And his wife ...gives photos"?????? Gives? Gives????? Try "give", desnews.

OMG, that was crazy.