X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I thought we were supposed to predict.

I'll start. Trump.
    As much as I detest Trump, I hope this one doesn't get you a SUwish. I don't even want him impeached (barring new revelations). I want the voters to reject him, resoundingly. Were he to suffer an untimely death, I fear there would be a move in various parts of the country to name crap after him and build statues in his honor. I'd rather see a statue of any Confederate general than one of Orange Julius.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
      Goodbye Dolly...

good riddance
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        good riddance

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          As much as I detest Trump, I hope this one doesn't get you a SUwish. I don't even want him impeached (barring new revelations). I want the voters to reject him, resoundingly. Were he to suffer an untimely death, I fear there would be a move in various parts of the country to name crap after him and build statues in his honor. I'd rather see a statue of any Confederate general than one of Orange Julius.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Nah. I would trade the statues for the pleasure of seeing him face-down in a ditch.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
              Nah. I would trade the statues for the pleasure of seeing him face-down in a ditch.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

2019 Deaths Thread

RIP Frank Robinson.. :-(

Frank Robinson, Hall of Fame baseball player and first African American MLB manager, dead at 83

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/frank...ger-dead-at-83

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Albert Finney, at 82. . So many good performances, including in Tom Jones, The Dresser, Erin Brockovich and a family favorite, Scrooge, etc. Thank you very much, sir.

Comment

John Dingall - the longest serving member of congress

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Albert Finney, at 82. . So many good performances, including in Tom Jones, The Dresser, Erin Brockovich and a family favorite, Scrooge, etc. Thank you very much, sir.
                      Scrooge is in my family Holiday Video rotation - most yrs on Thanksgiving Night

RIP

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

The first Finney movie I saw was 'The Looker' on HBO. And the only thing I remember about it is the, um, nudity. But my favorite Finney performance is in the "Big Fish". He is spberb playing the dying father. I can't find the clip where he is eating dinner with his son and daughter in law, but it is just a perfect scene. This is a pretty good clip though:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          The first Finney movie I saw was 'The Looker' on HBO. And the only thing I remember about it is the, um, nudity. But my favorite Finney performance is in the "Big Fish". He is spberb playing the dying father. I can't find the clip where he is eating dinner with his son and daughter in law, but it is just a perfect scene. This is a pretty good clip though:

I’ll always remember him first and foremost as Daddy Warbucks in Annie. We wore that VHS tape out as kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

This is my all time favorite of him too. The ending is very fitting of him. Gets me in the heart every time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My favorite has always been Miller's Crossing.

Last edited by Non Sequitur; 02-08-2019, 07:32 PM.
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

IMG_1576.jpg
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X