2019 Deaths Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    I’m surprised that the article refers to him as a businessman but doesn’t point out that this is THE Mr. Mac, friend of generations of missionaries and purveyor of the two pant suit for decades.
    In the 70's the go-to missionary suits were a dark blue Swedish Knit, and a dark brown Swedish Knit. Two pants each - ten white shirts - two pair of Forward Thrust shoes - some socks, two belts and 5 ties. You could go anywhere in the world with that Mr. Mac set up. Lebowski went to Japan - I went to Oklahoma. We could tract by day - and disco by night!

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
      In the 70's the go-to missionary suits were a dark blue Swedish Knit, and a dark brown Swedish Knit. Two pants each - ten white shirts - two pair of Forward Thrust shoes - some socks, two belts and 5 ties. You could go anywhere in the world with that Mr. Mac set up. Lebowski went to Japan - I went to Oklahoma. We could tract by day - and disco by night!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
        I think I had a grey version of that suit. I know I had the forward thrust shoes.

Edit: nope. It was the navy blue.
        Last edited by Bo Diddley; 10-13-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Rep. Elijah Cummings has passed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• patrick day. third boxer just this year to die from injuries sustained in the boxing ring.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              Rep. Elijah Cummings has passed away.

Even if his district is rat infested.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Rep. Elijah Cummings has passed away.
                That is really a shame. He was a good man.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I think the best approach would have been to remain silent or just end after Warm condolences to his family.

The rest I think will be scoffed by his family and pretty much everyone..

Comment

I think the best approach would have been to remain silent or just end after Warm condolences to his family.

Come on. Nothing wrong with that tweet.

Comment

He could have gone after him like the libs did with David Koch...
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        <Shrug> Comes across hollow to me..

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          You know his handlers had him down in the war room composing that tweet. He doesn't exactly have a good track record when it comes to not dancing on the graves of his political adversaries.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I cannot believe the restraint he demonstrated not adding that. Because he could have and not one person would have been surprised.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              I cannot believe the restraint he demonstrated not adding that. Because he could have and not one person would have been surprised.
                              Yeah, that would have been more Drumpf-like.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• It seems the critics of Trump have swung so far left - that they too are at risk at becoming a "trump like parody" themselves in their disdain for him.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X