2019 Deaths Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commando View Post
    Wow. His bits on the tonight show and "Dorf" are pretty integral to my childhood memories.
    Yeah - Dorf on golf was pretty funny stuff.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Grumpy Cat (AKA, Tardar Sauce)

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The leader of the Lombadri era Green Bay Packers and the player who scored the winning touchdown in the Ice Bowl - Bart Starr

https://www.packers.com/news/packers...arr-dies-at-85

IRRC his bio was the first book I ever bought - 45 cents or something like that. I was in elementary school and Weekly Reader or something like that had a book purchase program

He was my football hero growing up and from every report I've read - a true gentleman

This not really unexpected - he has been ill for some time.
        Last edited by happyone; 05-26-2019, 05:40 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Here's a really sad one - Bill Bucker - aged 69.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...tling-dementia

My friend Wally Backman was the 2nd baseman of the 86 Mets. I watched every moment of that playoff season. Buckner took as much heat as anyone I can remember in the last 30 odd years. And 69 is not very old.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            Here's a really sad one - Bill Bucker - aged 69.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...tling-dementia

My friend Wally Backman was the 2nd baseman of the 86 Mets. I watched every moment of that playoff season. Buckner took as much heat as anyone I can remember in the last 30 odd years. And 69 is not very old.
            It's sad that with such a solid career the thing he's most famous for was one very untimely error. For those recently arrived on planet Earth... with a two-run lead in the bottom of the tenth, the Red Sox were one strike away from their first World Series Championship since 1918. But three base hits later, the game was tied and then...

The Mets won game 7 as well and the Curse of the Bambino continued a while longer.

Comment

Yeah. Almost 3000 hits and he’s remembered for only one thing. From the sound of it though, he took it pretty graciously.
              Dementia at 69. Just too young.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

For those of who can remember, Former CH 5/Ch 4 weatherman - Bob Welti

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ead-at-94.html

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Walt Gary - infamous Alabama fan. Dies at 36.

Comment

Walt Gary - infamous Alabama fan. Dies at 36.
                    I assumed from your post that it was that tree poison dude.
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Bushwick Bill - playing with house money since 1991. R.I.P.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Beth Chapman deserves a shout out.

Dog and Beth were a couple that played the hands they were dealt - and lived on their own terms. Good for them.

Comment

Max Wright from the show ALF passes away from cancer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vul...ssed-away.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                            Max Wright from the show ALF passes away from cancer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vul...ssed-away.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Nobody played a straight up middle aged dad trying to keep up appearances to the neighbors (shout out Mrs. Ochmonek, wherever you are) while harboring a humanoid extra terrestrial with an irreverent sense of humor and a taste for cats like Max. RIP Max Wright.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              Nobody played a straight up middle aged dad trying to keep up appearances to the neighbors (shout out Mrs. Ochmonek, wherever you are) while harboring a humanoid extra terrestrial with an irreverent sense of humor and a taste for cats like Max. RIP Max Wright.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

Beth Chapman deserves a shout out.

Dog and Beth were a couple that played the hands they were dealt - and lived on their own terms. Good for them.
                                Was anyone else surprised that she was only 51?
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X