Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Deaths Thread

Default 2019 Deaths Thread

And so it begins..

We have lost the great Mean Gene Okerlund of WWE fame..

https://www.wwe.com/article/mean-gen...?sf205241548=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    And so it begins..

We have lost the great Mean Gene Okerlund of WWE fame..

https://www.wwe.com/article/mean-gen...?sf205241548=1

Not surprised you glossed over the death of Tyler Trent, considering Purdue beat the shit out of Ohio State.
    *Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Not surprised you glossed over the death of Tyler Trent, considering Purdue beat the shit out of Ohio State.
    Hey dipshit. Look at 2018 College Football Thread..

Hey dipshit. Look at 2018 College Football Thread..

This one?

Hey dumbass.. It proves my further point it needs to be more than a 4-team playoff.
    Seems to be a pattern with you. You should get your meds checked.
    *Banned*

Your post is incoherent and makes no sense..

Either you are flustered I caught your stupid post and are looking for some sort of comeback, or.. you should take your own advice..

Bob Einstein (Super Dave Osbourne and Marty Funkhouser) died. One of the funniest guys ever.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Bob Einstein (Super Dave Osbourne and Marty Funkhouser) died. One of the funniest guys ever.
    I don't like that death one bit.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I don't like that death one bit.
    me neither. god took the wrong one!
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    me neither. god took the wrong one!
    Just more proof that God doesn't exist. SJBH.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

--SeattleUte

Goodbye Dolly...

Is that Carol Channing? Holy crap- she's lived a long life.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

2 weeks short of her 98th birthday

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

I thought we were supposed to predict.

I'll start. Trump.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I thought we were supposed to predict.

I'll start. Trump.
    As much as I detest Trump, I hope this one doesn't get you a SUwish. I don't even want him impeached (barring new revelations). I want the voters to reject him, resoundingly. Were he to suffer an untimely death, I fear there would be a move in various parts of the country to name crap after him and build statues in his honor. I'd rather see a statue of any Confederate general than one of Orange Julius.

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Goodbye Dolly...

good riddance
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    good riddance

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    As much as I detest Trump, I hope this one doesn't get you a SUwish. I don't even want him impeached (barring new revelations). I want the voters to reject him, resoundingly. Were he to suffer an untimely death, I fear there would be a move in various parts of the country to name crap after him and build statues in his honor. I'd rather see a statue of any Confederate general than one of Orange Julius.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Nah. I would trade the statues for the pleasure of seeing him face-down in a ditch.
    "In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Nah. I would trade the statues for the pleasure of seeing him face-down in a ditch.

Default 2019 Deaths Thread

RIP Frank Robinson.. :-(

Frank Robinson, Hall of Fame baseball player and first African American MLB manager, dead at 83

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/frank...ger-dead-at-83

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Albert Finney, at 82. . So many good performances, including in Tom Jones, The Dresser, Erin Brockovich and a family favorite, Scrooge, etc. Thank you very much, sir.

John Dingall - the longest serving member of congress

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Albert Finney, at 82. . So many good performances, including in Tom Jones, The Dresser, Erin Brockovich and a family favorite, Scrooge, etc. Thank you very much, sir.
    Scrooge is in my family Holiday Video rotation - most yrs on Thanksgiving Night

RIP

The first Finney movie I saw was 'The Looker' on HBO. And the only thing I remember about it is the, um, nudity. But my favorite Finney performance is in the "Big Fish". He is spberb playing the dying father. I can't find the clip where he is eating dinner with his son and daughter in law, but it is just a perfect scene. This is a pretty good clip though:

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    The first Finney movie I saw was 'The Looker' on HBO. And the only thing I remember about it is the, um, nudity. But my favorite Finney performance is in the "Big Fish". He is spberb playing the dying father. I can't find the clip where he is eating dinner with his son and daughter in law, but it is just a perfect scene. This is a pretty good clip though:

I’ll always remember him first and foremost as Daddy Warbucks in Annie. We wore that VHS tape out as kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post

This is my all time favorite of him too. The ending is very fitting of him. Gets me in the heart every time..

My favorite has always been Miller's Crossing.

Last edited by Non Sequitur; 02-08-2019 at 08:32 PM.
    "In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!