Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Deaths Thread

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I did a search on Spotify and these 3 songs where all in the top 5 results.

You guys are funny.
    That debut album is known to be one of the best debut albums from any band..

Yeah.. It’s no wonder those 3 songs popped up first. :rolling eyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Yeah I'm calling foul on that one. Nice try, JL.

That said, of course all the Cars' songs sound familiar, even though their later stuff was much more poppy. What band doesn't have a similar feel throughout their career?
      The Beatles
      Led Zeppelin
      Rolling Stones
      The Who

just to name a few...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        The Beatles
        Led Zeppelin
        Rolling Stones
        The Who

just to name a few...
        I was sorta thinking the same thing, but we are talking outliers here. Most bands struggle to create something that's different from their earlier sound, especially if that earlier sounds brought them commercial success.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The Beatles
          Led Zeppelin
          Rolling Stones
          The Who

just to name a few...
          I'll give you the Beatles. They were fundamentally different at the end of their career. And maaaaaaaybe The Who, maybe. But c'mon. Zeppelin's first album has the same feel as their last. This is not to say it sounds the same. It's just that you know a Zeppelin or a Stones song when you hear it, no matter when it was written. Just like you know a Cars song (admittedly, their songs sound more similar).
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            That debut album is known to be one of the best debut albums from any band..

Yeah.. It’s no wonder those 3 songs popped up first. :rolling eyes:
            Meh. Who cares? Most of their songs follow the same pattern.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

The Beatles
              Led Zeppelin
              Rolling Stones
              The Who

just to name a few...
              Add any country music band. All they sing about is how their girlfriend/wife left them, dog died, and/or truck won't start... all with the same, dumb tawny guitar playing the same three cords.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The Beatles
                Led Zeppelin
                Rolling Stones
                The Who

just to name a few...
                Radiohead
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Green Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bryan Adams.
                    AC/DC
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Meh. Who cares? Most of their songs follow the same pattern.
                      I am going to tell you a secret: Most rock, blues, pop, folk, drinking, bluegrass, country, devotional and marching songs follow the same pattern.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        Green Day
                        I can't stand Green Day. Barf.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Has Lebowski ended this debate by posting "End of story" yet?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            I am going to tell you a secret: Most rock, blues, pop, folk, drinking, bluegrass, country, devotional and marching songs follow the same pattern.
                            I am going to tell you a secret: some follow patterns and styles more closely than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I can't stand Green Day. Barf.
                              Yet no comment about Bryan Adams Not surprised, Lebowski is All for Love

Comment

The Beatles
                                Led Zeppelin
                                Rolling Stones
                                The Who

just to name a few...
                                The beatles. The others not so much. You can hear a Who song a mile away. Similarly, most of Zeppelin sounds like Zeppelin. Sort of like the cars sound like the cars. And the stones are pretty similar too, except for when they were stealing from blues artists, although even then it sounded like the stones.

Part of the problem is that those of you asserting the songs sound the same are not being very clear. Are you talking about the actual chord/melody structure? Or are you talking about instrumentation? Or something else? If youre saying the instrumentation is the same it is both true and meaningless. It's like saying all classical music sounds the same because violins.

Sounding like yourself isn't always a bad thing. After just a little experience almost anyone can pick out Mozart or Beethoven or Bach pieces even if they have never heard the particular piece. That is not necessarily a bad thing.
                                Last edited by creekster; 09-16-2019, 11:25 AM.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X