Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 BYU Cougars Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Now this is an important grad transfer for BYU. I feel much better about the RB situation now!

I agree. Both of those RB great transfers make that a much better team. That is great news.

Princeps Inter Pares

Wow, that's amazing. Great work by Steward and the coaching staff-- the offense's most glaring weakness is now at worst a wash and maybe even a strength.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

As long as the line can open holes. I was actually not all that impressed with the line last year (other than against Wisconsin). I hope they can continue he ti trend upward and give these horses some room to run.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Currently being claimed that Tolutau is also gonna be back. If that's true the RB group shifts from "?" column to arguably being a strength, though I guess we'll have to see if Ula is anywhere near field ready this season.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

I'd assume that if Ula is really back he'll be fat and out of shape and be a non-factor this year.

If Zach can get and stay healthy I'm optimistic that this year could be ~8 wins.

Now the insiders are saying BYU most likely won't admit ty'son Williams to any grad program. Thanks BYU!

Now the insiders are saying BYU most likely won't admit ty'son Williams to any grad program. Thanks BYU!
    Are the insiders saying why? (other than the admin sucks, which Jeff Lebowski has clearly and repeatedly demonstrated in the HCO threads)

You would have thought this would have been a done deal before any commitment was made.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    You would have thought this would have been a done deal before any commitment was made.
    Yes. It would be an incredibly shitty thing to do to a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    Are the insiders saying why? (other than the admin sucks, which Jeff Lebowski has clearly and repeatedly demonstrated in the HCO threads)
    No idea. I guess Brandon Gurney was on the radio yesterday stating it was a longshot that williams would be admitted to grad school. Criddle says the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Agreed.

Ridiculous! How could they not let him into some type of Masters of Education program?

I guarantee he is academically qualified for some stupid grad degree like that.

Has to be a grad program that SC doesn’t offer, yes?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Maybe Book of Mormon Studies?

Or Exercise Science or some variety of Communications?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Ridiculous! How could they not let him into some type of Masters of Education program?

I guarantee he is academically qualified for some stupid grad degree like that.
    Exercise Sciense or MPA.

I’ve indicated before that admissions is a larger obstacle than people think. There are a significant number of kids who weren’t let into BYU while the coaches were trying to recruit them. That is the case here. Some of those kids have even had to go to admissions and argue why they are an exception to the department’s rules regarding letting people in that don’t match their equation of success. I think Ty’Son is different. I think he wants to be in communications and that’s why he chose BYU but they only want to let him into MPA. Is is possible he is very sophisticated and thought this would be a way to force BYU to let him in?

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Has to be a grad program that SC doesn’t offer, yes?
    That’s no longer the case, iirc

Congrats to Takitaki! 3rd round pick for the Browns!

Didn't expect him to go that high. Great to see.

Princeps Inter Pares

Reports appear to be that Ty'Son Williams was officially admitted.

Good news.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post

Good news.
    Is this about football? Wrong board.

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post

Good news.
    Very good news since it seems Ula is transferring
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Very good news since it seems Ula is transferring
    Ula wouldn't have been game-ready next season anyway, not at rb at least.