Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    But it worked against USC!
    Yes, it did. And it worked in the second half of Hawaii too.

Fans are too quick to zero in on how many are rushing versus being in pass protection. That’s too simple a metric. What matters more is what the defenders dropping back are doing.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
      Yes, it did. And it worked in the second half of Hawaii too.

Fans are too quick to zero in on how many are rushing versus being in pass protection. That’s too simple a metric. What matters more is what the defenders dropping back are doing.
      Yeah except for the last drive. One of the things you have to do is dial up the occasional pressure to keep the QB guessing. What they're running right now seems more like bend but don't break.

Comment

• You should blame me for the season ending flop. Coincides when was rooting for BYu to help Utah's SOS, and trying to help my FIL be less distraught. Man he and some of you guys are really broken. I will return to rooting against them next year, which should help.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
          I've never understood Bronco's infamous comment about independence being unsustainable. Even if you believe it, why would you ever say that publicly? As long as we have a great TV partner, independence is sustainable. P5 teams can schedule BYU and know their game is going to have a great TV deal. Have we had any P5 home games since independence that weren't ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2?
          I always understood it to be part of BYU’s meager effort to get a P5 invite—i.e., showing the P5 conferences that we wanted in over independence. Or maybe Bronco signaling to the admin that he wanted them to push harder to get into a P5 conference. I never saw his statements as pining to go back to the MWC or some other G5 conference, as the G5 proponents have twisted it to mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
            I always understood it to be part of BYU’s meager effort to get a P5 invite—i.e., showing the P5 conferences that we wanted in over independence. Or maybe Bronco signaling to the admin that he wanted them to push harder to get into a P5 conference. I never saw his statements as pining to go back to the MWC or some other G5 conference, as the G5 proponents have twisted it to mean.
            Either way, its a bizzare strategy. The best way to get into a P5 conference is project strength and stability. Sure, we'll come if you want us, but independence is working out just fine.

Comment

• Tonga officially staying for his senior season. Surprised both Bushman and Tonga are staying, but I'll take it!

I guess that means we won't have anyone drafted?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                Tonga officially staying for his senior season. Surprised both Bushman and Tonga are staying, but I'll take it!

Dayan is our best hope. And my gut tells me he’s a free agent that ends up on a practice squad.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  Tonga officially staying for his senior season. Surprised both Bushman and Tonga are staying, but I'll take it!

Great news for the fans. I'll take it, too!
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                  X