Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taq Man

Hi all,

Sorry for not doing this sooner. I figured most knew who I was so the intro was pointless.

I am a true blue died in the wool Cougar fan. I graduated from BYU in 2000, served a mission to Hawaii, and left the church in 2005.

I am a forensic scientist by trade (Serology/DNA).

I believe in God but not organized religion. Though I would go back to the LDS church if they dropped the one true church claim.

Anyway.....Greetings

Originally posted by Taq Man View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry for not doing this sooner. I figured most knew who I was so the intro was pointless.

I am a true blue died in the wool Cougar fan. I graduated from BYU in 2000, served a mission to Hawaii, and left the church in 2005.

I believe in God but not organized religion. Though I would go back to the LDS church if they dropped the one true church claim.

Anyway.....Greetings
    For some reason, I had thought you belonged to some evangelical religion. Seriously. Now I'm wondering why.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Welcome back, Taq Man.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Though I would go back to the LDS church if they dropped the one true church claim.
        I admit that surprises me. You'd rejoin the Church even with Joseph Smith's polyandry and everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Taq Man View Post
          Hi all,

Anyway.....Greetings
          I wonder if the admin. understands how many died in the wool Cougar fans there are who aren't "true blue died in the wool" church members. I really think they do. However, many cougar fans don't understand that and some refuse to accept you can be a "true blue" fan without being a "true blue" member.

I really think they believe to be "true blue" you must believe the HC was sent from God and being the head coach at BYU is a spiritual calling.

P.S. Welcome, I am glad to have you here.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
            I admit that surprises me. You'd rejoin the Church even with Joseph Smith's polyandry and everything?
            Advice to Taq Man -- do not respond to/try to answer the above.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
              I don't think for a second that Taq actually believes that. He's just throwing out a very crooked olive branch.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Welcome back Taq.

Comment

Good to have you here Taq.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                    Advice to Taq Man -- do not respond to/try to answer the above.
                    Haha... it's a yes or no question. I won't be interrogating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      I don't think for a second that Taq actually believes that. He's just throwing out a very crooked olive branch.
                      Why not. I know various people who like very much a lot of the LDS teachings. The family environment is terrific.

The one thing that can be stifling is the idea that anything a leader says has to be obeyed because it eminates from absolute truth. You and I might believe in the truth and the fact anything does not have to be obeyed, well I believe that, however for someone else that could be very stifling as far as relating to others in the social structure.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        Why not. I know various people who like very much a lot of the LDS teachings. The family environment is terrific.

The one thing that can be stifling is the idea that anything a leader says has to be obeyed because it eminates from absolute truth. You and I might believe in the truth and the fact anything does not have to be obeyed, well I believe that, however for someone else that could be very stifling as far as relating to others in the social structure.
                        lol.

what the hell happened to you in your childhood? I think you mention this issue every single day.

I want to know the backstory.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Taq...welcome.
                          "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            lol.

what the hell happened to you in your childhood? I think you mention this issue every single day.

Oooooh. Triple Dad cursed.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              lol.

My guess is that BYU71 has had so much psychoanalysis on his obsessions that he's now whipping out past life memories.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Working...
                              X