Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Recruiting and other Newcomers

Didn’t see a thread.

So how bad is it? It seems like we have a somewhat higher than normal percentage of three-stars but the class itself is small.

How are the RMs and other transfers looking?
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Originally posted by All-American View Post
    Didn’t see a thread.

So how bad is it? It seems like we have a somewhat higher than normal percentage of three-stars but the class itself is small.

How are the RMs and other transfers looking?
    He is a mission first guy, Conover is a big QB who turned down a bunch schools including Alabama.

About 2019 newcomers:

Chase Roberts will be an important player if BYU can hold off Utah. He's 6-4 and fast and could play right away.

I'm not positive about his mission plans, but Blake Freeland played multiple positions including qb, he is 6-8 and 260. He'll likely be a lineman if BYU doesn't lose him to Utah or UCLA.

Eli Unatoa is a nice prospect, he has a couple P5 offers. We missed out on his brother Mo, last year who went to Utah. Michael Daley has had a monster year and could start getting P5 attention if he's open to it. I think Keanu Hill and Ethan Erickson are both better than 2 stars.

There are still several undecideds out there, especially at running back. I think this class will end being better than last year's, which turned out much better than its ranking.

As far as RMs go,

Jackson McChesney is lightening fast and would have gotten a lot of offers if he didn't shut down his recruitment so early. He could play WR, slot or runningback.

Chaz Ah You is back and will help at DB or flash linebacker. Alema Pilimai should move back to linebacker after playing tight end his freshman. He was headed to Utah before Kalani was hired. He's a good athlete for sure.
    Tyler Batty and Preston Lewis are promising d ends. Ben Bywater and Keenan Pili could both develop into solid linebackers. Caden Haws from that school in Arkansas that never punts is back. He's undersived but I think he could leapfrog Jimenez to be the number 2 center next year. Seleti Fevaleaki will be another body on the dline. He picked BYU over Boise State.

BYU is in the market for JUCO rbs and wrs, but they don't have any committed so far. D1 transfers are also a distinct possibility.

Comment

Nephi Sewell is transferring to BYU. Good for two reasons: 1: he is a 2 year starter at Nevada who played really well and 2: his little bro Noah is a stud with an offer list consisting of every who's who in college football.

Aidan Robbins, a RB who is currently a Louisville commit, took an official visit to BYU last week and loved it. We have a good shot at him and he has stated that he is announcing big news tomorrow. Seems to bode well for our chances as staying committed to UL wouldn't seem to be big news. Fingers crossed, we could use him. He currently has offers from ACC, SEC and Big 10 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Nephi Sewell is transferring to BYU. Good for two reasons: 1: he is a 2 year starter at Nevada who played really well and 2: his little bro Noah is a stud with an offer list consisting of every who's who in college football.

Aidan Robbins, a RB who is currently a Louisville commit, took an official visit to BYU last week and loved it. We have a good shot at him and he has stated that he is announcing big news tomorrow. Seems to bode well for our chances as staying committed to UL wouldn't seem to be big news. Fingers crossed, we could use him. He currently has offers from ACC, SEC and Big 10 schools.
        Sewell will come in handy in 2020 when Troy Warner, Dayan G, Austin Lee, Austin Kafentzis and Isaiah Armstrong are all gone.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

Robbins isn't coming. BYU needs Alphonzo Andrews and others in the worst way at RB.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Robbins isn't coming. BYU needs Alphonzo Andrews and others in the worst way at RB.
            Seems like there are some great work horses array at BYU. They need a burner.

Comment

Signing day. Here's to only pleasant surprises.

https://byucougars.com/story/footbal...ng-Day-Central

Comment

Brooks Maile and Jacob Conover are in.

Comment

Roberts and Conover are in. I can stop refreshing my twitter feed now.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Uneventful day, for better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Uneventful day, for better or worse.
                      Uneventful in that there were no surprises (for good or ill), but I'm excited about some of the dudes we reeled in. I'm not too excited about the DL (Mitchell?), but I don't really know anything about him, other than his star rating and he's a small school guy.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        Uneventful in that there were no surprises (for good or ill), but I'm excited about some of the dudes we reeled in. I'm not too excited about the DL (Mitchell?), but I don't really know anything about him, other than his star rating and he's a small school guy.
                        Fiatoa is headed to Navy I guess. That’s a surprise and letdown. I was hoping BYU would have added a running back.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Fiatoa is headed to Navy I guess. That’s a surprise and letdown. I was hoping BYU would have added a running back.
                          BYU will add one before February.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            BYU will add one before February.
                            Is he good?
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Jaylen Warren, maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X