Thread: 2019 Recruiting and other Newcomers

Princeps Inter Pares

Default 2019 Recruiting and other Newcomers

Didnít see a thread.

So how bad is it? It seems like we have a somewhat higher than normal percentage of three-stars but the class itself is small.

How are the RMs and other transfers looking?
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Didn’t see a thread.

So how bad is it? It seems like we have a somewhat higher than normal percentage of three-stars but the class itself is small.

How are the RMs and other transfers looking?
    He is a mission first guy, Conover is a big QB who turned down a bunch schools including Alabama.

About 2019 newcomers:

Chase Roberts will be an important player if BYU can hold off Utah. He's 6-4 and fast and could play right away.

I'm not positive about his mission plans, but Blake Freeland played multiple positions including qb, he is 6-8 and 260. He'll likely be a lineman if BYU doesn't lose him to Utah or UCLA.

Eli Unatoa is a nice prospect, he has a couple P5 offers. We missed out on his brother Mo, last year who went to Utah. Michael Daley has had a monster year and could start getting P5 attention if he's open to it. I think Keanu Hill and Ethan Erickson are both better than 2 stars.

There are still several undecideds out there, especially at running back. I think this class will end being better than last year's, which turned out much better than its ranking.

As far as RMs go,

Jackson McChesney is lightening fast and would have gotten a lot of offers if he didn't shut down his recruitment so early. He could play WR, slot or runningback.

Chaz Ah You is back and will help at DB or flash linebacker. Alema Pilimai should move back to linebacker after playing tight end his freshman. He was headed to Utah before Kalani was hired. He's a good athlete for sure.
    Tyler Batty and Preston Lewis are promising d ends. Ben Bywater and Keenan Pili could both develop into solid linebackers. Caden Haws from that school in Arkansas that never punts is back. He's undersived but I think he could leapfrog Jimenez to be the number 2 center next year. Seleti Fevaleaki will be another body on the dline. He picked BYU over Boise State.

BYU is in the market for JUCO rbs and wrs, but they don't have any committed so far. D1 transfers are also a distinct possibility.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka