Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "did you know this streams on Hulu?" thread

Didn't see one, so here it is.

I've only had Hulu a couple weeks but have enjoyed it so far. First show I got hooked on was The Last Man on Earth. I missed it when it was airing on Fox, and had heard good things. Phenomenal first and second seasons. Third season dragged and I'm guessing cost them a lot of viewers that didn't return for what I thought was a strong season 4. Season 4 ends with a cliffhanger, and then the show got canceled, so don't expect closure (inside joke for those who've seen it, but also true). Cast is anchored by SNL's Will Forte and Flight of the Conchords' groupie Kristen Schaal, but the whole cast is strong (January Jones, Mary Steenbergen among others).

Bron/Broen (The Bridge). This is a bilingual show Swedish/Danish and it streams without CC so you have to manually turn it on. I'm two episodes in and am liking it. Basic premise, a body is found on a bridge exactly over the border of Denmark and Sweden so the torso is on the Swedish side and the legs the Danish. The body is cut in half, and in the autopsy it's discovered that the torso is that of a Swedish city councilwoman and the legs are those of a Danish prostitute. Because the crime happened in both countries, the two lead detectives that first showed up have to work together.

I don;t have hulu but I have watched Moone Boy and it is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
      Didn't see one, so here it is.

I've only had Hulu a couple weeks but have enjoyed it so far. First show I got hooked on was The Last Man on Earth. I missed it when it was airing on Fox, and had heard good things. Phenomenal first and second seasons. Third season dragged and I'm guessing cost them a lot of viewers that didn't return for what I thought was a strong season 4. Season 4 ends with a cliffhanger, and then the show got canceled, so don't expect closure (inside joke for those who've seen it, but also true). Cast is anchored by SNL's Will Forte and Flight of the Conchords' groupie Kristen Schaal, but the whole cast is strong (January Jones, Mary Steenbergen among others).

Bron/Broen (The Bridge). This is a bilingual show Swedish/Danish and it streams without CC so you have to manually turn it on. I'm two episodes in and am liking it. Basic premise, a body is found on a bridge exactly over the border of Denmark and Sweden so the torso is on the Swedish side and the legs the Danish. The body is cut in half, and in the autopsy it's discovered that the torso is that of a Swedish city councilwoman and the legs are those of a Danish prostitute. Because the crime happened in both countries, the two lead detectives that first showed up have to work together.
      I love Last Man on Earth. I love the song he sings when the generator stops working and the waffle maker stops working. "The gas looks weird... its freaking super-clumpy..."

The Bridge - didn't FX remake that show? I wonder how it compares.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        The Bridge - didn't FX remake that show? I wonder how it compares.
        The first is always the best! I think worldwide it has been remade several times but I haven't seen any of them.

Comment

I love Last Man on Earth. I love the song he sings when the generator stops working and the waffle maker stops working. "The gas looks weird... its freaking super-clumpy..."
          So that ended up being one of my favorite scenes in the whole series. A very creative way to introduce that all of the world's gasoline was going bad.

https://youtu.be/6hbqPuoqXnc

My wife and I enjoyed the series overall so much that when we can't find anything to watch that we both agree on, we'll just start LMOE in a random spot and go. Never fails to entertain.

Comment

Rick and Morty is the greatest thing ever.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I burned through season 1 of Handmaid's Tale last week. So good.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I saw this and it made me a little more stoked on Hulu... they seem to be taking a page out of Netflix' book.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-dicaprio-hulu
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I saw this and it made me a little more stoked on Hulu... they seem to be taking a page out of Netflix' book.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-dicaprio-hulu
                  That looks really good, although I wish DiCaprio would play Holmes like originally planned.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That looks really good, although I wish DiCaprio would play Holmes like originally planned.
                    Yeah I was crestfallen when I learned he's falling back and taking an executive production role.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Has anyone figured out how Disney+ will work with Hulu Live customers? Is it going to be an add-on or a completely separate app? Any benefit price wise to already having Hulu?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                        Has anyone figured out how Disney+ will work with Hulu Live customers? Is it going to be an add-on or a completely separate app? Any benefit price wise to already having Hulu?
                        Yeah you log into Disney+ with your Hulu login and they will consolidate your services. I think it's 12.99 for Disney+, Hulu, & ESPN+ together. That's quite a savings if you already had ESPN+ and Hulu.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          Yeah you log into Disney+ with your Hulu login and they will consolidate your services. I think it's 12.99 for Disney+, Hulu, & ESPN+ together. That's quite a savings if you already had ESPN+ and Hulu.
                          But Hulu with commercials, which is GROSS.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

But Hulu with commercials, which is GROSS.
                            lol I haven't looked into it, but I'm sure they'll let you upgrade to Hulu without.

Comment

The 12th Man. Compelling story of a Norwegian soldier evading the Nazis in occupied Norway. I didn't mind the subtitles.

Comment

Working...
                              X