Thread: The "did you know this streams on Hulu?" thread

Default The "did you know this streams on Hulu?" thread

Didn't see one, so here it is.

I've only had Hulu a couple weeks but have enjoyed it so far. First show I got hooked on was The Last Man on Earth. I missed it when it was airing on Fox, and had heard good things. Phenomenal first and second seasons. Third season dragged and I'm guessing cost them a lot of viewers that didn't return for what I thought was a strong season 4. Season 4 ends with a cliffhanger, and then the show got canceled, so don't expect closure (inside joke for those who've seen it, but also true). Cast is anchored by SNL's Will Forte and Flight of the Conchords' groupie Kristen Schaal, but the whole cast is strong (January Jones, Mary Steenbergen among others).

Bron/Broen (The Bridge). This is a bilingual show Swedish/Danish and it streams without CC so you have to manually turn it on. I'm two episodes in and am liking it. Basic premise, a body is found on a bridge exactly over the border of Denmark and Sweden so the torso is on the Swedish side and the legs the Danish. The body is cut in half, and in the autopsy it's discovered that the torso is that of a Swedish city councilwoman and the legs are those of a Danish prostitute. Because the crime happened in both countries, the two lead detectives that first showed up have to work together.

I don;t have hulu but I have watched Moone Boy and it is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Didn't see one, so here it is.

I've only had Hulu a couple weeks but have enjoyed it so far. First show I got hooked on was The Last Man on Earth. I missed it when it was airing on Fox, and had heard good things. Phenomenal first and second seasons. Third season dragged and I'm guessing cost them a lot of viewers that didn't return for what I thought was a strong season 4. Season 4 ends with a cliffhanger, and then the show got canceled, so don't expect closure (inside joke for those who've seen it, but also true). Cast is anchored by SNL's Will Forte and Flight of the Conchords' groupie Kristen Schaal, but the whole cast is strong (January Jones, Mary Steenbergen among others).

Bron/Broen (The Bridge). This is a bilingual show Swedish/Danish and it streams without CC so you have to manually turn it on. I'm two episodes in and am liking it. Basic premise, a body is found on a bridge exactly over the border of Denmark and Sweden so the torso is on the Swedish side and the legs the Danish. The body is cut in half, and in the autopsy it's discovered that the torso is that of a Swedish city councilwoman and the legs are those of a Danish prostitute. Because the crime happened in both countries, the two lead detectives that first showed up have to work together.
    I love Last Man on Earth. I love the song he sings when the generator stops working and the waffle maker stops working. "The gas looks weird... its freaking super-clumpy..."

The Bridge - didn't FX remake that show? I wonder how it compares.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    The Bridge - didn't FX remake that show? I wonder how it compares.
    The first is always the best! I think worldwide it has been remade several times but I haven't seen any of them.