The "did you know this streams on Hulu?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commando View Post
    OMG Popstar is my all-time favorite cult classic. I saw it in the theatre twice. It's one of those movies I'm amazed wasn't a national phenomenon. It's so brilliant.
    Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping was underrated, or at least underappreciated. I enjoyed Seal being attacked by wolves at the engagement scene, and the final concert was great, with so many big-name stars participating, a superb send-up of stars' self-importance.

Comment

I have a comedy crush on Andy Samberg. I was half-heartedly watching one of those Adam Sandler buddy flicks (*looked it up- Grown Ups 2) and one of the couples goes thru a cheerleader car wash ostensibly as some kind of indulgence for the husband, and whoops there's a car in front of them so they have to go to the male cheerleaders' side, resulting in a soapy homoerotic car wash led by Andy Samberg, Jorma, and Taran Killam to Warrant's 'Cherry Pie.' It was juvenile, and I was cackling and clapping like a seal probably disproportionate to how funny it was, but I am a sucker for that guy.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Samberg is like the anti Will Ferrell: almost all of his comedies are funny, and hardly anyone sees them or quotes them.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I have a comedy crush on Andy Samberg. I was half-heartedly watching one of those Adam Sandler buddy flicks (*looked it up- Grown Ups 2) and one of the couples goes thru a cheerleader car wash ostensibly as some kind of indulgence for the husband, and whoops there's a car in front of them so they have to go to the male cheerleaders' side, resulting in a soapy homoerotic car wash led by Andy Samberg, Jorma, and Taran Killam to Warrant's 'Cherry Pie.' It was juvenile, and I was cackling and clapping like a seal probably disproportionate to how funny it was, but I am a sucker for that guy.
          Commando is to Andy Samberg as MartyFunkhouser is to Paul Rudd
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            I am down for this. Groundhog day / time loop premise was due for a reboot.
            I watched it and liked it.

Comment

I liked Palm Springs except for the ending. It really had potential to make a romantic love is absolute bullshit statement for its ending and didn't go that route. It would have been much better that way.

It is one of the reasons that I hated the Office (UK) Christmas Special. The Office was ended perfectly with Dawn turning down Tim, it was unfortunately that they had to change that later.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I finally watched Atlanta. It is a great show. The B.A.N. episode is one of the funniest episodes of TV that I've ever watched. It is amazing how varied the show can be. You have a absolutely hilarious episode like B.A.N. and then have episodes like Teddy Perkins. Just a great show.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                  I liked Palm Springs except for the ending. It really had potential to make a romantic love is absolute bullshit statement for its ending and didn't go that route. It would have been much better that way.

It is one of the reasons that I hated the Office (UK) Christmas Special. The Office was ended perfectly with Dawn turning down Tim, it was unfortunately that they had to change that later.
                  Palm Springs was fun. The only thing I didn't like about it was what I perceived as a continuity issue. I didn't let that bother me much, though.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    I finally watched Atlanta. It is a great show. The B.A.N. episode is one of the funniest episodes of TV that I've ever watched. It is amazing how varied the show can be. You have a absolutely hilarious episode like B.A.N. and then have episodes like Teddy Perkins. Just a great show.
                    It really is an amazing show. I hope they can get around to a third season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

It really is an amazing show. I hope they can get around to a third season.
                      They may if Donald Glover can get some time. I mean Disney+ is currently developing a Lando Calrissian series around him.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

The "did you know this streams on Hulu?" thread

They may if Donald Glover can get some time. I mean Disney+ is currently developing a Lando Calrissian series around him.
                        That’s dope. You see the “Hunted” short for Squadrons? I hope the game is the same level story as fallen order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

That’s dope. You see the “Hunted” short for Squadrons? I hope the game is the same level story as fallen order.
                          Yeah EA is really getting it when it comes to Star Wars lately. That's an instant buy.

Comment

Love Island (UK edition). So trashy ... and so good.

Comment

Pen15 is a bit of a hidden gem. Among other things, I like the total lack of pretense. It's semi autobiographical and two women in their 30s play themselves as 7th graders.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Thanks to whoever recommended What We Do In the Shadows. Pretty hilarious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X